99cc preditor mount question

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the 99cc ran a 41chain 10 tooth max torque clutch with the black spring for 3200 rpm engagement,with a 20 to 8 tooth on the jackshaft 45 on the rear wheel. Had the bike pretty much where i wanted.Then I burned up the clutch after 500 miles,probably was the 8 story cork screws in the parking garage LOL went to a cvt set up but i was gttting vibes off the driver because it had to be bushed up to 3/4 inch plus top speed of 34,I was also driving the kubota generator which cost me a few mph but i wanted lights. going to use the 99cc preditor on a different build it is a good engine but i dont want a max torque clutch.learning expeiriece.i have a new build i mind for the 99cc all belt drive.so all parts are getting reused . but it was all worth it to expierince the gc160 with the same gearing i had on the 99cc the 160 rocks using the cvt and im running the kubota geneator.and the best part she smooth as silk.

glenn

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
very nice pics. never saw the 99cc before like that. is this the original flywheel and where did you get those nice mounts for the engine on the frame as well for the jackshaft bearings? greetings chris

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I don't know if you've looked at the AGK website regarding vibration issues on engagement. Look at the last block on the page:

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/99cc-predator.php#step128

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
Thats exactly my problem with horrible vibrations with JS out sprocket and the chain as soon it starts rolling due my extreme long ratio and probably the type of clutch I bought. Tomorrow a new clutch and different sprocket should arrive. Works well with oil on the clutch for a minute. So yes, this is an issue.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
Thanks silverbear its funny how this bike was going to be a 99cc bike and it ended Up with a honda gc160 ive been experimenting alot on this bike and this is what has come out of it!! The bike has changed yet again from these pics i fabbed up a three piece wide crank instead of the motorcycle peg style. I was having some issues with peddle clearance all good now.. My only issue with this bike is the jetting but i think im on the right path i was super rich but its leaned out a lot in the last day waiting on jets is killer still needs to be tweaked.. Im looking for a super smooth quick everyday cruiser!! Im getting close!!

Glenn

Last edited: