Jaguar gone, what now?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have a neighbor who wants to build a cruiser like mine. I have two Schwinn Jaguars. He has looked but the local Target currently has nothing in the cruiser line except something called a 'Majestic'. Anyone know anything about it? He says it has fenders so I have to assume it's the new version of the Schwinn cruiser frame. I checked Target's website and all they show is a ladie's version, no men's bike. Any input?
Tom

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
I seen a few diffrent types , but @ Meijer dept stores. The one i seen looked a lot like the Lakeshore modle. Typical cruiser with fenders & a rear rack. The forks are tubeular with cantilever brakes. I kind of like the one's at Meijer better. The price was just a little less 20-30 dollars less. I live in Ohio so I don't know if you have access to Meijer stores. Hope this helps, check Meijers web site possibly you will see! later D.O.C

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My neighbor, the one I mentioned in the first post, just stopped by. He wanted to know what I knew about the engine kits Target was selling. Target's website is corrupted, or something. Every time I go on it my computer locks up. He said they have 2 stroke engine kits and parts available. He said the engine is black and they also have ready-to-ride motorized bikes. Anyone else seen these? I can't get past the first page of Target's website. Either my computer is jacked up or their website is.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
My neighbor, the one I mentioned in the first post, just stopped by. He wanted to know what I knew about the engine kits Target was selling. Target's website is corrupted, or something. Every time I go on it my computer locks up. He said they have 2 stroke engine kits and parts available. He said the engine is black and they also have ready-to-ride motorized bikes. Anyone else seen these? I can't get past the first page of Target's website. Either my computer is jacked up or their website is.

Tom
I tried finding out about these so called's ? My search came up empty, the only thing that I could think of is to go to that Target Tom to see what these are all about. That way you can get a hands-on look to see if it is trustworthy and up to our standards, or if it is in a different class, who know's??? I'll keep looking and post when and if I find something. :)

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
MOTOR KITS AT TARGET?All i get is little kid riding toys.I also have trouble with the target website and sears also.funny thing is wall marts works great.funny....idk.maybe scary.of course,$90 shipping from sears was enough to stear me away and they dont even carry bikes at the one at the local mall.only place to get bikes here is wall mart,target,and acadamy sports and outdoors.wall mart has about half the selection they had 3 years ago(remodeled).acadamy about the same.target about 1/4 of that.wall mart .com is the best deal i have found.no local bike shops here at all.Thats all there is.Thank god for the internet

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
MOTOR KITS AT TARGET?All i get is little kid riding toys.I also have trouble with the target website and sears also.funny thing is wall marts works great.funny....idk.maybe scary.of course,$90 shipping from sears was enough to stear me away and they dont even carry bikes at the one at the local mall.only place to get bikes here is wall mart,target,and acadamy sports and outdoors.wall mart has about half the selection they had 3 years ago(remodeled).acadamy about the same.target about 1/4 of that.wall mart .com is the best deal i have found.no local bike shops here at all.Thats all there is.Thank god for the internet
Yes, thank God for the internet. IDK what I would do without a bike shop. Department store bikes will serve there purpose good enough if they are taken care of and built right, you can't always trust the Walmart workers to do a good job.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Yes, thank God for the internet. IDK what I would do without a bike shop. Department store bikes will serve there purpose good enough if they are taken care of and built right, you can't always trust the Walmart workers to do a good job.
Never seen a Walmart bike put together properly. Most of the time everything is only finger tight. I even seen some bikes with the forks on backwards.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Never seen a Walmart bike put together properly. Most of the time everything is only finger tight. I even seen some bikes with the forks on backwards.
Yeah, most of the workers only have a basic Idea of what to do, if even that. That's why the bikes need to be built properly once they are brought home.