Giant stiletto w/ 50cc loncin

GoldenMotor.com

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Hello all,

I recently have begun compiling a shopping list for the motor of my first project, it will be a Giant stiletto with a loncin/lifan 50cc replacement. Seeing as this is my first build, and I do not have a budget but I really can't afford to screw it up, by buying the wrong parts. As I’m sure most of you know the ATV replacement motors are not kits and do not include all of the parts needed to make the motor run, just the engine block, I am hoping that I can complete a list of parts needed to run the engine so that there is little wasted money.

I plan on purchasing the handle bar controls from a member of this site, greendragonimports. Crazy horse does a great job explaining them to you that I will just leave a link, I don’t think I could do him justice by attempting to explain them myself:
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/xl-chopper-4-stroke-pit-dirtbike-18970.html

Below I have compiled a list of all of the parts I believe I need,

Giobikes.com
Engine: 50cc 4-stroke ATV,
Engine 802 50cc Auto | GIO

Hooperimports.com
Exhaust:
Gasket:
Fuel line: Hooper Imports
Fuel Filter: Hooper Imports
Air filter: Hooper Imports
Rectifier: Hooper Imports
Starter relay: Hooper Imports
Extra cdi: Hooper Imports
Coil with plug wire: Hooper Imports
Parts Manual Horizontal: Hooper Imports

I don’t really like how Gio is an auction site, so doesn’t anyone know whether there is another site that ships to Ontario, Canada? Like Rpmracer.com and the like?

Also I am trying to figure my other problem is the jackshaft on my Stiletto. On the left side I need to have one gear that is preferably a freewheel and on the right side one solid gear on the inside and one freewheel gear on the outside?

Pictures will follow tomorrow or the day after.

Thank you all in advance for your help with my first build

J

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
JHammer, don't forget you will need a wiring harness also, you need to know if your engine has a 4-pin or 5-pin wire to plug your wiring harness into, here's a Link for wiring Harness's:
Wire Harness prices start at $30.00 and up:
HighRpmRacer's Online Store - Wire Harness- 50cc - 110cc Dirt Bike - Loncin Engine Parts - Chinese ATV Parts

Here's the Link for Handlebar Switch Assembly from GreenDragonImports $35.00 USD:
HONDA CT70 HANDLEBAR SWITCH & LEVER Replacements : eBay Motors (item 270582469231 end time Jun-20-10 15:03:25 PDT)

If you are thinking about a left side freewheel checkout bicycle-engines.com Heavy-Duty Wheel & Axle Kit 26" HD Rim W/48T Freewheel and Band Brake her's the Link:
26" HD Rim W/48T Freewheel and Brake - $129.99
This setup will prevent engine drag against you when engine is off and under pedal power.

You will also need a 12V battery if I can think of anything more than what you have already in your build list I'll let you know.

Just a thought you could also just buy a kids 50cc fully automatic dirtbike it'll have everything you need except connections for lights etc which you could add to your build later.

Those lil dirtbikes cost new $400 and up or get one used for much less.

Peace Crazy Horse.

JHammer, remember if you get a kids 50cc dirtbike you won't need a battery or some of the other components, but you'll only have kick start no electric start this way.

I'm still waiting on machine shop to call and let me know when the hubs are ready for my 50cc XL-Chopper & 50cc OCC Chopper builds.

Here's my hubs before machining with the left hand thread 5-hole freewheel's for my Dual Drive Hub:

Here's my Handlebar switch assembly mounted:

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Crazy Horse your project is coming along great, looking really good, as always your build really inspire a newbie like myself to try and do things way out of my league which this bike is turning into.

I dont see the throttle twist on the right side of the handle bars it may just be me i'm not sure.

Is a the 70cc really going to make a big difference in the preformance of my bike? I'm still unsure whether i plan on leaving the stock deraulliar on the bike or whether i am going to replace it with a 36t single sprocket. My rear derauilliar doesn't seem to want to stay in line and I keep having to realign it. Not a big deal just a pain to do every couple of days. Plus i really cant afford to have the chain go off it at anything over 500 rpms it will rip the bike to shreds.

I guess then i should order the wiring harness after the motor comes in im going to try and see if Highrpmracer.com will ship it up here it would be a lot easier, get all of the engine piece from the same supplier, less problems with parts not fitting.

also when mentioning the left side freewheel i was refering to the j shaft of the bicycle, do you know where you can buy/if you can buy freewheel crank mount sprockets?

lastly did you engine come with the mounting plate or how are you mounting it to the frame, just for reference i believe my tube thickness is 1 1/8" not sure tho

J

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Hey all does anyone have tips for howto
mount his to my bike? Also I have found a website that sells these atv motors just minus the mounting hardware, wire harness, and handlebar gear, exhaust and I'm not sure whether there is an included gas tank I am unsure.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey all does anyone have tips for howto
mount his to my bike? Also I have found a website that sells these atv motors just minus the mounting hardware, wire harness, and handlebar gear, exhaust and I'm not sure whether there is an included gas tank I am unsure.
JHammer, how is this build going any updates pic's or video ???

Peace Crazy Horse.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Yo everybody...bought a Grant stiletto a couple months ago new in the box. Now it sits in the shop and I'm just looking at it wondering what I'm going to do with it. I know Stanton makes a kit for it and a jack shaft set up but I don't like the idea of a weed eater engine hanging on the side. The lifan engine set up would be the way to go with a 3speed transmission in the Lifan and a 7speed free wheel on the back wheel would give me more gears than a Peterbuilt with a 13speed road ranger. There must be a more simpler way to set this bike up, welding and fabrication is no problem its the gear ratios I'm not too good at. Any suggestions or whatever would be appreciated. Also where can I find a seat off of a sting ray? The seat on the stiletto is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat on.
Thanks, buzzard

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
JHammer, how is this build going any updates pic's or video ???

Peace Crazy Horse.

4 Smokers contemplating using an ATV / Dirtbike / Pitbike Chinese cloned Honda CRF 50cc horizontal engine's, share your questions or idea's, thought's, and suggestion's on BarelyAWake's thread:
Alternate 4 Stroke Engine List:
Here's the Link:

JHammer, checkout the Kids 110cc ATV's on ebay & craigslist you can purchase them new for about $399.00 USD or less if you are patient enough to wait for the right one advertisedbrnot.shft.dance1cflg, if you get the kid's ATV you could save yourself the headaches of getting all the parts separately.

Let us know how this build of yours is progressing ???

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hammer, any updates on this build a fellow builder / forum member is using a similar cloned engine, who I'm sure will appreciate any information you can share with us.

Peace C.H.

Hello all,

I recently have begun compiling a shopping list for the motor of my first project, it will be a Giant stiletto with a loncin/lifan 50cc replacement. Seeing as this is my first build, and I do not have a budget but I really can't afford to screw it up, by buying the wrong parts. As I’m sure most of you know the ATV replacement motors are not kits and do not include all of the parts needed to make the motor run, just the engine block, I am hoping that I can complete a list of parts needed to run the engine so that there is little wasted money.

I plan on purchasing the handle bar controls from a member of this site, greendragonimports. Crazy horse does a great job explaining them to you that I will just leave a link, I don’t think I could do him justice by attempting to explain them myself:

Below I have compiled a list of all of the parts I believe I need,

Giobikes.com
Engine: 50cc 4-stroke ATV,
Engine 802 50cc Auto | GIO

Hooperimports.com
Exhaust:
Gasket:
Fuel line: Hooper Imports
Fuel Filter: Hooper Imports
Air filter: Hooper Imports
Rectifier: Hooper Imports
Starter relay: Hooper Imports
Extra cdi: Hooper Imports
Coil with plug wire: Hooper Imports
Parts Manual Horizontal: Hooper Imports

I don’t really like how Gio is an auction site, so doesn’t anyone know whether there is another site that ships to Ontario, Canada? Like Rpmracer.com and the like?

Also I am trying to figure my other problem is the jackshaft on my Stiletto. On the left side I need to have one gear that is preferably a freewheel and on the right side one solid gear on the inside and one freewheel gear on the outside?

Pictures will follow tomorrow or the day after.

Thank you all in advance for your help with my first build

J