Micargi Cruisers as a base bike for 2-stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

BlackReef

May 19, 2010
San Diego
Hello,

I am very new to all of this, but I know that I like the style of the Micargi Cruisers.

I'm torn between the Micargi Royal, and the Micargi Leopard Deluxe.

I also like the Jaos 3.0, the Puma Deluxe & Prado Deluxe.

I'm 6'3, 270 lbs - and I am wondering if these bikes would be suitable for my size? I do prefer the larger bikes for comfort. Any input on this?

Once I get the bike squared away (as far as which one I am going to purchase) then I will focus on picking the right motor for me. I would like to get biggest HP motor for the money, something with enough torque to haul my big ass around lol.

Thank you for all of your input,

Here is the Royal:

Jaos 3.0

Leopard Deluxe:

Puma Deluxe

Decisions!! I do like the Royal the most though - maybe it's the Black / Red

-Joe
.shft.

Last edited:

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
I'm using the Micargi Leopard and I personally think its an awesome frame. I'm sure it would do well for you if you wanted a stretch cruiser.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Only deal with those bikes is that you need specialty parts that cost more like the engine mounts , sprocket adapters.

If this is your first build I would pick something a little simpler that doesn't require special parts.

:)

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
My thoughts as well- while they'd be nice finished- I wouldn't recommend if your mechanic skills aren't top notch- even the tank would have to be mounted differently on a couple of those. The doubled up spokes I think may need custom mounting of sprockets- and they are heavier wheels.

but if you're up to it- go for it. Those would all look great.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Pirate Cycles sells the Manic mechanic special made sprockest for those wheels, but as it was said earlier, there will need to be some fairly good fabricting skills and tools involved in mounting an engine on any of the bikes listed above, not something to be done by the average inexperienced do it yourselfer.......a standard type cruiser is the easiest build with only minor fabrication needed on some of them.

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
You get what you pay for... I had a micargi frame and I literally tossed it in the trash 1/2 way into the build, I suggest an opening price point Electra or felt. Remember this is the real deal, and your putting some serious propulsion on this thing, spend the extra 20-50 bucks and ride safe

ballermj23

Dec 3, 2009
San Fernando Valley, California
You get what you pay for... I had a micargi frame and I literally tossed it in the trash 1/2 way into the build, I suggest an opening price point Electra or felt. Remember this is the real deal, and your putting some serious propulsion on this thing, spend the extra 20-50 bucks and ride safe
so you are telling me my Micargi Falcon GT will brake in half??? but its be my DD for a year plus now.

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
Dude, you should have sent it to me, I love my Micargi. While I agree felt makes a nice frame, Micargi steel is just as good as any.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Well, i myself like the Marcargi types, there not too expensive,,but there also not the top-of the line,like a Felt, or Worksman,,, It's all in your own preference, really boils down to how much do you want to spend & how much time do you want to ride or re-pair a in-expensive quality bike, take a look @ mine, it's my first build & i like it alot, but if i had the money, i would build one with a 4- stroke engine & a Felt frame.. But my first one i kept it simple to see if i could do it. over & out Dirtyoldcrusier xct2 Oh, and it was a hard task to get the bolts mounted be-hind the 68 spoke
wheels

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well, i myself like the Marcargi types, there not too expensive,,but there also not the top-of the line,like a Felt, or Worksman,,, It's all in your own preference, really boils down to how much do you want to spend & how much time do you want to ride or re-pair a in-expensive quality bike, take a look @ mine, it's my first build & i like it alot, but if i had the money, i would build one with a 4- stroke engine & a Felt frame.. But my first one i kept it simple to see if i could do it. over & out Dirtyoldcrusier xct2 Oh, and it was a hard task to get the bolts mounted be-hind the 68 spoke
wheels
take a look @ mine, it's my first build & i like it alot

Would love to see your build, but were is the pic or link?