Squeaking with clutch in.......

GoldenMotor.com

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
When I am coasting down hills with the clutch in I hear a annoying squeak. From looking at the exploded views that Jim posted it could be a few things. Any ideas???

.sno.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
I had the same problem with my engine. Remove the clutch lever actuation arm plate cover (three screws) and take out the dowell that sticks out of the gear hole. Apply grease and reinsert into hole. If the metal ball falls out as well, then grease this too. This should fix the squeak.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is common on these engines... The squeeks on mine usually come from the pressure plates & the center puck cage... Dab the TINIEST bit of grease around the edge of the pressure plates, & in the bearings, & see if that helps you... Keep the grease away from the clutch pucks!!!
Do the dowell pin too as HT said.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
can i get at the dowel from the clutch cover side of the engine, my engine ws shipped with the bolts way over torqued so i stripped one o them on the lever arm side...

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
I had the same problem with those bolts being way too tight. I don't have any impact tools so I used a little grinding disc on those bolts and made it so I could use a larger type slotted screwdriver. Didn't matter that I had to grind some of the coverplate accept for looks.