she finnaly blew up

GoldenMotor.com

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
after close to 6000 miles and shes done it happens been ridin this motor hard for a year and a half and all was well go to fire it up to day and half mile it made a loud pop the a crunch and then somthing that sounded like a squirell caught in a fan so its pretty much done but its be fun gonna order a new motor when i can afford it but wont be any time soon probably but just wanted to share the loss in the family so r.i.p. dax 66/80cc you rode hard and ran well hope all is well in mb heaven thanks for the fun you gave me and everyone else that rode you

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
That is alot of miles....She treated you well....There is definately a place waiting in the mb heaven for her....Go with god my friend,go with god....
John.flg.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sky...you didn't perform an antopsy? I would have loved to taken a look at the innards just to see what let go. If you do, report back and let us in on the details.
Tom

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
oh im in the mist of that and i will find out and let everyone know thanks for the interest and ill be posting more about it later but for now shes resting give like 2 days and ill let you know

toad772

Jul 12, 2009
canada
oh im in the mist of that and i will find out and let everyone know thanks for the interest and ill be posting more about it later but for now shes resting give like 2 days and ill let you know
lol that is the sound mine made when the keyway blew out cause of a cracked gear

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
I'm sorry for your loss, I am sure she is in a better place. I just rebuilt my carb and re-did a couple gaskets today on my engine. Maybe I should take pics next time because you never know how much time you really have : )

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Glad your not badmouthing your motor. I think 6k of what you say are "hard miles" is a very good deal for the price. Sometimes I think we expect a little too much for $150 bucks. Remember you can get your next motor without the kit for under 100. Hope your back in the breeze soon.

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
yea i,lll be back soon im takin the motor apart sunday and ill be sure to post what i found by tuesday keep an eye out

CHIPS X

Jul 13, 2009
South Central Minneapolis
I can only hope mine lasts half that long....you guys are right, I'm shooting for the end of next summer (got my 48cc Starfire in late July this year). Anything past that is great but not expected.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yup 100 bucks. 1 year of riding well friggin worth it...lol... Mine doesn't have 6k on it and if it gave up the ghost tomorrow I'd be happy and buy another. I run mine like a raped ape, cheetah drag races, I have done a few lil wheelies on my OCC chopper, so I abuse the **** out of mine, and it runs well still.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am sorry for your loss. Really is kinda sad when they pass.

Not to be a jerk, but "RIP little engine that could" cracked me up GN

(I divided 6000 miles by 15 MPH, my average speed on a 2 smoke and came up with 400 hrs of ride time. At $150, 2.6666 cents an hour and at $3 a gallon great bang for the buck. My math skills are always suspect though and didn't know how to work out gas. Keep coming up with 9cents an hour. 13 cents an hour total? wow, these things are better then I thought!)

Can ya help a brother out?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay, let's see...>2Door grabs his trusty Mystery Science Theater pocket calculator...
6K miles divided by py and times the circumference of the wheels...ahhhh..at an average speed of 22.168 mph...multiplied by the current price of barley in Afghanistan...Wow!
According to my figures, Skyliner has traveled approximately 14,000,000,000,000, feet and his piston has traveled the equivalent of thirteen trips to the moon. But maybe my calculator batteries are about gone too, so don't pay too much attention to what I just wrote.
Still waiting for the autopsy report, Sky. You know, Sunday has come and gone.
Tom

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Yes, yes! Greasy grimy gopher guts!
I would like to know so, if by some miracle, I can mod my engine to last a bit longer.
Ceramic bearings, dynamically ballanced flywheels, moly coated piston. The possibilities swirl around in the dust bowl of my mind.....

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
well very busy now but one thing i did find out is that there is no compression at all and the magneto was broken cylinder wall was scuffed probably got some water in it

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
well i found what it was such an easy fix my in take gasket was broken on top and bottom wich was making the engine run very lean and hear in florida its been like 96 everyday but also the magneto i guess got so hot it expanded and broke the horseshoe into 3 peices and there was some water in the block the whole piston is ash white the cylinder wall looks grey well ive been running it very lean for sometime but she still ran well best 150.00$ ive ever spent

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Heck, Sky,
Throw a new gasket on the intake, replace the mag, tip in a little extra oil and try that puppy. You might be surprised and get another 6K out of her. Doesn't sound like anything fatal to me. The water probably got in either around the mag cover or where the wires exit the case. I'd check the magnet (rotor) too. It might be damaged. As long as the end of the crank is okay you can replace the rotor if it's hurt. Good luck and don't give up on that girl just yet.
Tom