The Russian engines D-4,D-5,D-6,D-8. History.

GoldenMotor.com

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
Is amazing Dagger. Scooter/moped sales went up 23% last year in the U.S. (source; Hartford Courant) When I first became interested in MBs, I think there were 2 outfits who sold online. Now there seems to be hundreds.

Wanted to ask you, are the companies that that made the Russian Engines still around but just no longer make MB motors. Or are they completely gone? If the market is growing so fast, might be worth an email or 2.
If I understand correctly....
For all I know, the factory now exhausts motor-pumps.

For them engine D-10S.Тhis continuation D-8 is issued, only on it there is no clutch. And water cooling. So still which that makes factory, but not bicycle engines.

Here a site of this factory:
St.-Petersburg Open Joint-Stock Company "KRASNY OCTIABR". R&D, production, servicing and repair ofmain, intermediary and tail gearboxes, wobble plates and transmissions for MIL and KAMOV helicopters, aircraft accessory gearboxes KSA and gas-turbine e

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wohooo Dagger! The only parts missing are the mounts and some hardware. you could almost fabricate most of it. I looked today at costs for shipping between Moscow and New York. $351 USD for 150 pounds. I had wanted to trade you a Chinese engine kit for a Russian bicycle. Then I would buy a Russian engine kit here from Grubee. I would be the only kid on my continent with a real Russian Motor bike! Aside from the shipping cost, there are also other fees. Be great if you could get them to manufacture bicycle engine kits again. Have you seen the excitement of folks looking at your pictures? Just a thought.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That little water cooled jewel would be a kick....can't you just see a small aluminum radiator mounted on the downtube? Oh, too cool for school...
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Tom, we could write the company, buy a batch and modify.....

Really like your thought on a raditor. Would look cool

Just sayin'

koolwhizzer

Apr 1, 2009
Chicagoland area
I purchased this kit a few years ago from Don Grubee and i will probably never get around to useing it. I am a whizzer guy but have a few different motors that i picked up along the way. I paid $325 plus shipping when purchased and will probably leave it go for that. Let me know.
Al

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
Wohooo Dagger! The only parts missing are the mounts and some hardware. you could almost fabricate most of it. I looked today at costs for shipping between Moscow and New York. $351 USD for 150 pounds. I had wanted to trade you a Chinese engine kit for a Russian bicycle. Then I would buy a Russian engine kit here from Grubee. I would be the only kid on my continent with a real Russian Motor bike! Aside from the shipping cost, there are also other fees. Be great if you could get them to manufacture bicycle engine kits again. Have you seen the excitement of folks looking at your pictures? Just a thought.
I have learnt presumably, transfer from Russia in the USA will cost how many. Not including bicycle costs. The price is more than bicycle cost...:rolleyes:
It seems to me, is easier to establish the Russian engine on the American bicycle. Will be cheaply and quickly. :)
But it is necessary to know what weight of a bicycle. From 15 kg and it is more....
1$ = 33,38 roub

Here our tariffs:
Postal services

Attachments

Last edited:

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
Assorted the engines, has decided to photograph even for comparison.
The Difference in a clutch design...
The Chinese engine have deprived of one clutch plate.
I do not know what for.

Here a clutch assembly order...

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That really looks cool.

Just a thought, water cooling would get rid of the noise making cooling fins.

alainfreyre

Nov 3, 2009
cuba
dagger and the others fans. it´s really difficult to get the motor D8e working in a country like mine. I have the privilege to get online to the Internet and to understeand a bit of english to find the info i need to get the engine running at any cost.The frame was built by me using an old electric bike witch i make modifications to be like a chopper, the gas tank , the exaust pipe and other things where made using scrap parts. The will and the initiative to make a fine ride was the only i got on my side.

Belive me it was nothing easy to make it, and i am proud of my bike.I fell like Neil Amstrom when i ride it.

remember i speack spanish not english sorry for my writing is a lot of rusty.

make any question you like i will try to awnser it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
No worries Alain. Easy to understand. I know what you mean about the pride and sheer joy of a great build. Awesome feeling. You should be proud of that MB (Motor Bike) Is a beauty. That seat looks great and comfortable.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Dagger & Friends,
This is a terrific thread to read and is a reminder that in spite of language and cultural differences we all of us here share in common a love for these motor bicycles. We have more in common that what makes us different. Lyrics from an old Beatles song came to mind just now... "Hands across the water..." Whether our motors are Chinese made or Russian made they are of the same spirit and permit each of us to be a child again and feel the wind in our faces. As a boy I always wanted a motor on my bicycle. I had to wait until I was 60 to get one, but the wait was worth it!
Silverbear

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow SB, well said. Wether it was a baseball, hockey cards or what ever we put in the spokes to make an engine noise... If we had a bike at all. Had to make it fly like the wind. I say this a lot but really have yet to meet a MBer I didn't like or who I didn't think was half a bubble off plumb. ( a little crazy) lol