I always wondered if the Chinese use these motors!

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Yeah yeah... I got the day off so I'm looking ALL over the net for pictures of old bikes etc.. It occurred to me that I've never seen one of these kits used in China... If there is a thread on this forgive me, but here is one bike I have found. Put together with many various parts!

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have looked for years and never found anybody in China riding a bicycle with these motors, I always wondered myself. That is the first pic I have ever seen, but with as many bikes and people in China you would think you would see them like crazy.

I was told just last week that they are illegal in China do to too many deaths.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Too many deaths? What are they doing that we're not?

I find it funny that they're not legal there, yet that's the only place they are manufactured

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I have looked for years and never found anybody in China riding a bicycle with these motors, I always wondered myself. That is the first pic I have ever seen, but with as many bikes and people in China you would think you would see them like crazy.

I was told just last week that they are illegal in China do to too many deaths.
The guy that built it didn't want to be photographed, so that makes sense. I think the site was flying pigeon or something like that. Sure is pieced together with several parts. Looks like full suspension. The old man said it took him 4 years to build.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think they export them to other parts of Asia. That could be a good looking machine with some TLC.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
These engines cant be too bad if they can last long enough to get that dirty. What poor installation on the second bike though. Wires everywhere, but i like the tank.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That second one is a little rough but the first one that Motoschwinn posted has possibilities. That could be a great looking machine. Wish I had it. As for the second one, lol, look at the cracked chain guard. Think he has any vibration issues?
Tom

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
These tanks look 50 years old and used , new from the factory (some Chinese guys shed) . But they do have a certain vintage style to them . ... D.J.