Would this oil be okay for the china engine?

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Looks good to me!
"Provides excellent performance in lawn mowers, chain saws, string trimmers, outboard engines, jet skis, motorcycles and snow blowers"
You are good to go!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
what about this from pennzoil? My concern is that it's for marine and other 2 cycle engines. Isn't marine oil different even if it says you can use it for both?

http://www.pennzoil.com/other-car-p...utboard-and-multi-purpose-2-cycle-engine-oil/
Oils formulated for water cooled outboard engines generally don't stand up to the heat requirements of an air cooled engine. Some claim 'multi-purpose' but to be safe stay with your first choice which is made for air cooled engines.

Also what fuel to oil ratio do you plan to run? Ignore the kit instructions that advise 16:1. That's too much oil and will cause you headaches down the road. Start with no more than 24:1 and move down from there after break-in if you're comfortable. 32:1 is a good ball park ratio unless you are using some of the exotic synthetics that can be mixed as low as 100:1.

Here is a good read on oils and small engines> http://smallengineinformation.com/?page_id=654

Tom

Last edited:

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
Oils formulated for water cooled outboard engines generally don't stand up to the heat requirements of an air cooled engine. Some claim 'multi-purpose' but to be safe stay with your first choice which is made for air cooled engines.

Also what fuel to oil ratio do you plane to run? Ignore the kit instructions that advise 16:1. That's too much oil and will cause you headaches down the road. Start with no more than 24:1 and move down from there after break-in if you're comfortable. 32:1 is a good ball park ratio unless you are using some of the exotic synthetics that can be mixed as low as 100:1.

Here is a good read on oils and small engines> http://smallengineinformation.com/?page_id=654

Tom
I did 25:1 this time around. On my first build I used 16:1 until I came here. I will do the 32:1 after break in.

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
I just mixed myself a 32:1 batch today with that exact same oil. I've been using it for a few months it works perfectly fine to me.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
will this oil be ok will that oil be ok ...lol if you have a stock motor you can run used motor oil from a diesel truck and old gas from a cub cadet tracktor gas tank you found at a junk yard mixed 15:1 and it would probably get you home !!!! as a mater of fact i bet you could run kerosine lol i went to my camp and fired up a chain saw that had been sitting for more than 5 years under a tarp and ran the whole quart of 5 year old gas though it cutting wood !!!!! needless to say it ran a hole **** of a lot better after i cleaned the carb and put some new fuel in it . the lower your comp ratio is and the lower youdynamic comp ratio is the less you need to worry about quality of fuel a low low comp 2 banger will burn swap mud lol

but yeh for a clean running motor use good grade fuel no ethanol and full synthetic oil 32:1 to 40:1 i like pro mix from lowes its cheap yet satifying lol

Last edited:

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Cool Cool. What store do you pick up the oil at? I noticed the NAPA store by me has 1 quart for $7. Think you can do better than that?
Picked mine up at Autozone. I don't remember what I paid, but it was their cheapest oil. As long as it says 2 stroke (non outboard) oil from a reputable store, I trust it.