Outlaws in NJ

GoldenMotor.com

jetblast96

Aug 3, 2011
Manalapan, NJ
Yeah guys i am freaked out about the legality of these bikes... I have wanted to build one for the past year and im finally 15 so I'm old enough to use one now. But the last thing i want to have to do is go through all the trouble and money to register, title, and insure something im hardly going to go outside my neighborhood with! I have no clue what to do; getting caught really scares me and so does the possibility of building a beautiful bike and being denied by the njdmv a few hundred dollars and a lot of frustration later :( what should i do? Thanks

Mike

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey
what part of nj do you live in? I got a $520 ticket a month ago. I called dmv but they said they could not registered and insure a motorized bike. now if you took a title and serial number from a junk or wrecked moped you should be able to do something. but all the work and money just get a moped.

jetblast96

Aug 3, 2011
Manalapan, NJ
I really dont want to buy a moped... i am doing this because i want to build it! I guess ill call every nj dmv i can and see which one can give me answers before i go ahead with the build...

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
Fellow motorized bicycle riders from NJ. Have you ever thought of changing the law. Work together one of you must have a lawyer friend. Get some legal help. Draw up a new proposal and get with your state reps. That is their job. Start a signature campaign. Introduce legislation and change the laws.
I know it sounds like I am nuts. but that is how it is done. The worst thing that can happen is you don't get it changed. Be professional, work with facts, be smart and leave emotion out of it. Work the system.