Aluminum or steel

GoldenMotor.com

what is your frame made from?

• Total voters

247Jude

Apr 4, 2009
Sudbury
I have cracked/fractured six diferent frames. One aluminum that lasted maybe two weeks worth of riding!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
yea thats the motor but srry i only deal with pirate cycles lol the extra money is worth it for customer service anydayyyy
Cool FlyBy, thank you. Am almost embarrassed I did not know you could get em with larger forward mounts. Know what you mean about customer service. I really enjoy the suppliers I deal with.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
FLYBYTACO,man if I only new the jet ingines had a larger mount I would have bought them.....Now Im going to have to make a U clamp mount.....Oh well I have the engines now so I have to deal with it.....
Just for reference.
Here at Pirate Cycles All of our Slant head jet kits have the 40mm front mounts and Gen 4 pipes. These kits pull power up hills. Straight out of the box! They fit most beach cruisers directly. They have been tested by reputable people such as the manic mechanic, flybytaco, wheelstand Matty, and many many more. We are now waiting on a shipment of the new slant head grubee kits that are suppose to have the new and improved larger front mounts. All they have to do now is remake their Gen1 black cat muffler and they will be back the game of power. Until then, we are making a motor called the JUBBY. Jet slant head and exhaust on a grubee engine with our ported billet intake. Updates done by taco himself. Power results coming soon. Sorry Taco.. Cats out the bag now!
Pirates

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I asked falldownstand up about the intake on the bikes pictured earlier (like the red one) but I messed up because Flyby taco did the original posting- so I went looking at intakes, and the one on those bikes seems to be the alloy ported billet from Pirate Cycles (I just got mine), who also have the carbs.

I haven't installed it yet- has anybody got any comment of the performance of these things?

There are these two other carbs- the racing carbs pictured- kinda pricey- and a newer chinese carb to start shipping with kits (half as much) that claims wider ports and bigger jet. (on spookytooth) I guess it's too new for anyone to actually have compared the two, but who has any experience with either?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
the racing carb for 70 bucks is a good deal just for the off idle to quarter throttle tuneability i have 2 of them other than that pretty good performer as the nt carb that comes with the kits there all good well never had bad exp... and good lookin on the pirates deal justins the man. he has all the goodies 4 sale 33 tooth sprockets on the way

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
the racing carb for 70 bucks is a good deal just for the off idle to quarter throttle tuneability i have 2 of them other than that pretty good performer as the nt carb that comes with the kits there all good well never had bad exp... and good lookin on the pirates deal justins the man. he has all the goodies 4 sale 33 tooth sprockets on the way
Dig the new avatar FBT! (I am old and can say "dig")
.flg.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I asked falldownstand up about the intake on the bikes pictured earlier (like the red one) but I messed up because Flyby taco did the original posting- so I went looking at intakes, and the one on those bikes seems to be the alloy ported billet from Pirate Cycles (I just got mine), who also have the carbs.

I haven't installed it yet- has anybody got any comment of the performance of these things?

There are these two other carbs- the racing carbs pictured- kinda pricey- and a newer chinese carb to start shipping with kits (half as much) that claims wider ports and bigger jet. (on spookytooth) I guess it's too new for anyone to actually have compared the two, but who has any experience with either?
Hi Nashville,
The other carb you speak of is the one that comes on the grubee skyhawk kits. We stock it also. It has a fuel on and off on the carb itself and it is as good as the other carbs. Not better. I will be listing that one as well. We have been getting some calls on it.

The race carb has a air and fuel screw for a leaner and richer fuel adjustment. It also comes with a Thumb choke lever (very convenient). It is a larger more quality carb with tun-ability. It will not help if you are running the Gen 1 black cat muffler as that muffler is to restrictive to release sufficient airflow.. Otherwise its great.

The intake is another good power mod for the money! When installing, Be sure to pull up your clutch cable eye bolt and cut off a 1/4 inch of thread. Then replace. This allows you to re attach your carb and not hit the barrel of it on the bolt itself. Its a easy job.

Hope this was helpful to you.
Justin
Grubee Skyhawk Gas engine kit

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Hi Nashville,
The other carb you speak of is the one that comes on the grubee skyhawk kits. We stock it also. It has a fuel on and off on the carb itself and it is as good as the other carbs. Not better. I will be listing that one as well. We have been getting some calls on it.

The race carb has a air and fuel screw for a leaner and richer fuel adjustment. It also comes with a Thumb choke lever (very convenient). It is a larger more quality carb with tun-ability. It will not help if you are running the Gen 1 black cat muffler as that muffler is to restrictive to release sufficient airflow.. Otherwise its great.

The intake is another good power mod for the money! When installing, Be sure to pull up your clutch cable eye bolt and cut off a 1/4 inch of thread. Then replace. This allows you to re attach your carb and not hit the barrel of it on the bolt itself. Its a easy job.

Hope this was helpful to you.

exactley what i think. the billet intake gen 3 muff and racing carby are the best bolt on power avail. no need for carving up your jugs trying to shadetree port and ending up slower... learned it the hard way.. anyways theres alot of steel and aluminum in theese little motors lol

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I've been boring out the billet intake more- I guess the idea for perfomance is that it's shorter, but when I stuck my little finger into it, and then the stock long intake, the stock was actually wider-

NOT NOW!- a drill bit and some filing and the alloy comes away pretty easily- the billet is now gonna be wider open than the stock intake, and much shorter. But upon inspection of the whole deal, the determining factor is still the port diameter of the carb, and I see that i can get maybe 2mm more opening there if I ream it- but I'll have to take it all apart to not get shavings in the motor or carb- and I'm busy with other things. Yeah modifying the cable holder is another thing too- luckily I have a hacksaw.

I think I'll go with the newer NTS myself and save some money- they are claiming ports that are 3mm larger, and it has a larger jet. I've thought from the beginning that the carb has always been the weak link.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I've been boring out the billet intake more- I guess the idea for perfomance is that it's shorter, but when I stuck my little finger into it, and then the stock long intake, the stock was actually wider-

NOT NOW!- a drill bit and some filing and the alloy comes away pretty easily- the billet is now gonna be wider open than the stock intake, and much shorter. But upon inspection of the whole deal, the determining factor is still the port diameter of the carb, and I see that i can get maybe 2mm more opening there if I ream it- but I'll have to take it all apart to not get shavings in the motor or carb- and I'm busy with other things. Yeah modifying the cable holder is another thing too- luckily I have a hacksaw.

I think I'll go with the newer NTS myself and save some money- they are claiming ports that are 3mm larger, and it has a larger jet. I've thought from the beginning that the carb has always been the weak link.
every nt i ever jetted to run right went leaner on the main.. I also run 50:1

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
After owning a mongoose sycamore model with a dimension edge honda 50cc kit with the frame being aluminum I strongly endorse a steel frame. The DE kit is great just the bike but after getting my new bike with a steel frame its a no-BRAINER. The steel frame is just as lite weight and in apllying parts it doesnt crush as easily.......not that I do that....cheap bike isnt always the best buy trust me after adding your tweeks.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

you bored out that billet intake? there goes all your intake velocity.