GoldenMotor.com

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
I have a K2 Big Easy Deuce I'd like to motorize. Here's the thing;
I don't need lots of speed
I do need lots of power - I'm 300 lbs.
There are some semi-steep hills I would have to go up

I'm looking at the Chinese kits mostly because of budget. Should I be looking at 2 or 4 stroke? What sized sprocket would carry me at an easy 18 to 20 mph? Will the standard clutch be up to the task, or would I need some sort of heavy duty clutch.

I'm looking to you guys for just a little guidance on what I should buy to build a serviceable motor bike. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Fred

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
id say a 4 stroke huseng if its just putting around with the 5 to 1 kit maybe a 50 tooth will do you for your minimal speed requirements

these are just litle motors on bikes so dont expect to pull that throttle get knocked back in your seat

id look around rear mount vs in frame all have pros and cons .

i would higly recomend a golden eagle kit i have one and it has plenty of juice not as much as a in frame 2 stroke but it does its job and holds it own . dont be afraid to ask questions lots of good info can be found sometims takes a little bit of a hunt to find .

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The best recommendation I can think of, off-hand, would be a fifty-something tooth rear sprocket - like mentioned above. You get the right rear sprocket, even a 49 cc engine will handle whatever you put above it. (Well, to a point. I wouldn't try towing a fifth-wheel trailer with it unless you've got nothing but time.)