mini sled gearing

GoldenMotor.com

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
me and my best friend got the idea to make sled that fit in our lockers

anyways after taring down 2 30cc homelites and shaving the heads and porting them and playing with the timing and chain saw carbs and moding old pocket bike pipes we got some killer 12000+rpm homelites

we mocked up a sled tunnal today just tacking stuff togetter and this is what we got so far

in the chain case we will be runing 1-1 gearing and we found out from our motor test that we get the most volts at 12000rpm but we draw the most amps at 9200rpm and we get the most wattage at 10000rpm with is peak hp or 2.8kw

so im gearing it with the idea that 10000rpm will be the flger

if i wanted to do 19mph or 30kph and im running 1-1 so its just fricton drive math for the cog size

what size roller would get me appox 18-19mph at 10000rpm ?

there will not be any slipage in my rollor as it will be splined in to the track

any help will be appreciatedusflg

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
Here is the gear ratio calculator so you can figure out your gearing.
http://jimsitton.net/ratiocalc/

I don't quite get what you are doing with the sleds.
Do you have some pics of you using them?
not yet as i need a few more days to figer out track and get snow but we will test them anyway

the whole idea is we like to have small transportion that fits in our lockers in case our bikes break down or we take the bus to school

we have 8hp razor scooters but they might not work so well in the snow and 8hp on a 14lb scooter (thats with the engine) is a hand ful and kills tires

but 4hp mini sleds with might get 2hp to the ground will be ok in snow and ice and reasonble power wise