Low engaging Centrifugal Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
I'm looking everywhere I can to find a cent. clutch that has a VERY low RPM engage. I have a 1 1/2 horse Clinton engine that tops out at about 3200. I need a clutch that'll engage anywhere from 900- 1000, but I can't find any anywhere. Even if it was in the 1200- 1300 range it would work. If you know anywhere I can find one I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

-KMW

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Drill out the arms and fill them with lead weights, or maybe try sticking a wheel weight on each one, that'll do it.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
You could bypass the govenor and safely rev this engine to the 4500 rpm range without hurting it. The govenor is there for use on a mower or implement that needs to be used a constant speed with extreme variations in load. This saves the engine from choking down or overrevving by automaticly adjusting throttle position. This feature is not needed at all on a motorbike All motorcycles and scooters that have ever been manufactured, with an engine designed for them, never have used a govenor. I'm not talking about minibikes, they are designed to use off the shelf industrial engines, but even some of them don't use the govenor. I have a Heald Superbronc with a 10 hp Tecumse engine and It came without govenor operational.
Just my thoughts...