rear mount for mini moto

GoldenMotor.com

taffyapple

Apr 29, 2012
swindon,uk
hi there people!!
im new here so hopeing you can help me!

i have a 26 inch mountain bike which two years ago i put a 66cc engine on from transformer cycles,its been ok but had quite a few bad moments with lol!!

lately its getting to the end of its serviceable life as ive done roughly 2300 miles on it and am looking into a mini moto engine as the engine seems cheep to buy ( £45 ) and seen alot of good comments about them

now where i need some advice is from some experience from yourselfs! :) im not sure if an in frame mount or rear wheel mount is best? im on a budget as money is tight weighing up my 20 mile comute to work and reliability aswell as unforseen problems lol ( needing to pedal it home!) so if you could advice to the best options i would be very gratefull! :)

my mind is saying rear mount,i already have the rear sprocket,tank etc so any advive to make a sterdy reliable mount would be great,but im at your will as you guys have the knollage :)

many thanks and looking forward to your advice :) .shft.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
taffy,
The pic u posted is one of my MB's better known as 'The Beast'.
I have installed this type engine on a rear rack but always use a v-belt, but a chain drive can be done fairly easily. ThatsDax.com sells a 5:1 gearbox & with that it would be a snap to get the gear ratio correct.
-Lowracer-

taffyapple

Apr 29, 2012
swindon,uk
thanks for your reply and even better you built this bike i have been inspired from!!
had a mad day of researching today and ive come up with a couple of ideas......

im thinking either rear mount on a heavy duty pannier or mid frame on this if it would fit....

just worried about pedal clearance at mo,im gona order the engine this weekend as its a cheeper option the buying the 66cc kit i already have mounted ( £45 for complete mini moto engine compared to £120 for 66cc kit,even new barrel and piston which is what it needs is £70!! ) its done me well for two years though done on the same trip computer too at 2604 at present im jus hopeing it will hold out another two weeks to get me to work!!

thanks again and respect

gona be posting all my pics on here as i go through this build and looking forward to it :)

Attachments

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
The pic of the mini moto engine you posted is the basic version (one piece head). Its probably the most reliable version, but also the least powerful. I still think it has more than enough power for a MB...I have the stage 2 version & think its too fast for bicycle applications. If I ever blow it up, I'll be looking to go with less power. I never built an in-frame probably due to the frames I own (3) are all too tight to squeeze an engine in there. Comparing front & rear drive, they each have their advantages and disadvantages, but I do prefer front drive for high speed handling.
-Lowracer-

taffyapple

Apr 29, 2012
swindon,uk
that bike is from another member on here just cant remember his name lol!!??

and yes your advice is what i was thinking ive seen another mini moto engine for sale stage 2 but wanted to start off basic :)

main reason im likeing this engine is because of mine getting too hot!! it has no cooling system and the hotter it gets the worse and slower it goes!!

least this engine was actually thought about im not really impressed with my chinky ***** had so many problems!!

well just cant wait for payday now and have myself a more reliable motor!!

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
taffy,
These pocketbike minimoto Cag engines are also 'Made in China'.
I have three Stage 2 cags now....only one runs correctly :oops:
My Tanaka & Subaru Robin have never had any problems (both Japanese).
-Lowracer-

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
hi there people!!
im new here so hopeing you can help me!

i have a 26 inch mountain bike which two years ago i put a 66cc engine on from transformer cycles,its been ok but had quite a few bad moments with lol!!

lately its getting to the end of its serviceable life as ive done roughly 2300 miles on it and am looking into a mini moto engine as the engine seems cheep to buy ( £45 ) and seen alot of good comments about them

now where i need some advice is from some experience from yourselfs! :) im not sure if an in frame mount or rear wheel mount is best? im on a budget as money is tight weighing up my 20 mile comute to work and reliability aswell as unforseen problems lol ( needing to pedal it home!) so if you could advice to the best options i would be very gratefull! :)

my mind is saying rear mount,i already have the rear sprocket,tank etc so any advive to make a sterdy reliable mount would be great,but im at your will as you guys have the knollage :)

many thanks and looking forward to your advice :) .shft.
Hello Friend, I have a bike with the Chinese engine mini bike, I can only wonder, see the following video you tube, simple assembly rises 5 stars, no doubt available

http://youtu.be/NBd7eSJuk6I