helpppppppp

GoldenMotor.com

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
I have a GRUBEE 2011 SkyHawk GT2 48cc Angle Fire Slant Head Bike Motor Kit.
1- I have carb problems fuel is leaking from the vent tube
2- The line that goes from the throttle to the carb that needle has no grooves for ring, like others i have seen on youtube, does that matter?how do i put that back together witch way does the washer thing that is shaped like the aris ram does it need to be alighned with the slot or not and what gas/oil ratio should I be using, I had the motor running for two weeks and it started with 16/1 ran for a full gallon then switched to 20/1 and then near half a tank engine seized up, so I took the cylender body off and the head and cylender body was scratched up, so I sent that back to get a new one, what oil/gas ratio should I be using?
3- How do you adjust the clutch in detail?
4- It squeals when clutch is out quitens down when clutch is pulled in (and when I mean pulled in, I mean from the handle grip pulled in)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I have a GRUBEE 2011 SkyHawk GT2 48cc Angle Fire Slant Head Bike Motor Kit.
1- I have carb problems fuel is leaking from the vent tube
Most likely the float needs adjustment or something can be caught in the needle and seat keeping the fuel to flow.

The line that goes from the throttle to the carb that needle has no grooves for ring, like others i have seen on youtube, does that matter?how do i put that back together witch way does the washer thing that is shaped like the aris ram does it need to be alighned with the slot or not and what gas/oil ratio should I be using, I had the motor running for two weeks and it started with 16/1 ran for a full gallon then switched to 20/1 and then near half a tank engine seized up, so I took the cylender body off and the head and cylender body was scratched up, so I sent that back to get a new one, what oil/gas ratio should I be using?
I use 32:1 going to 50:1 and some run 100:1
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/STARFIRE SKYHAWK WEB INSTRUCTIONS.htm
Better yet
, and get a NT or a NT (speed)

3- How do you adjust the clutch in detail?
Search, there are many threads on this, too many.

4- It squeals when clutch is out quitens down when clutch is pulled in (and when I mean pulled in, I mean from the handle grip pulled in)
May have to grease the bearings, but this will be covered in your search.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
You will need to clean and adjust the float needle properly to stop the flooding. install a fuel filter after you clean the tank and carb.

Apparently you have one of the newest carbs meeting epa standards that don't have adjustment capability on the needle.
Perhaps you could file some grooves in it, or get a needle that does have them?

I might use 24:1 for the first 1/2 tank to break in a new piston/cylinder. then switch to 32:1 for a while. If things went well, I might like to try the Opti2. for some adventure!

Most important would be to use a generous process of allowing the engine to warm up and cool down, vary engine rpm, never bog it or race it until broken in.

There are excellent clutch adjustment threads here in the repair section.

The squeal means the bucking bar probably needs grease in there.
The threads mentioned above will have that info.

I would advise you review the AL.Fisherman pre-assembly teardown information. That's probably why your cylinder was damaged. nothing to do with your oil.

Good luck
rc