Motor shaking??????

GoldenMotor.com

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
I have a 66cc skyhawk engine when riding at hign rpm the bike starts to shake i have checked all engine mounts all tight?????
Could this be internals???.wee..shft.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
"It only started to happen when I made my fuel mix richer."

Where can you go from there?
Why did you make it richer?
Is it now four stroking?

All bike engines shake when at "high rpm". Maybe you got it to rev just a little closer to oblivion?

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
just because the mounts are tight doesnt mean their good! I once worked on this man's bike and removed the motor to remove broken stud and after wiping all the oil and gunk from from the frame, I noticed a hair line crack 3/4 of the way around on the down tube! just under the front mount! you couldnt see it without removing motor!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I had a small problem with my new stretch cruiser yesterday... The pedaling chain was 'slapping' the tire & shaking the bike real bad at high speed... All I needed to do was pull the rear wheel back a little to tighten the chain.
Could chains touching the tire be your problem too???

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
"It only started to happen when I made my fuel mix richer."

Where can you go from there?
Why did you make it richer?
Is it now four stroking?

All bike engines shake when at "high rpm". Maybe you got it to rev just a little closer to oblivion?
I made it richer because at hign rpm wouldn't rev out
I havn't change fuel mixture as in oil
I have had 3 bikes befor but this one seem to shake a far bit more when at hign rpm
Can you suggest anything to fix it??.wee.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, I'd change the mix back to where you had it for starters and see if that changes anything....then I'd look at the other things people have suggested.