does anyone one know of a good quality reliable american engine kit avaiable?

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
on my 2nd china engine i dont have a liscensce i live 2 miles from where i work!the china engines suck it seems like i work on them more than i ride them!seems like something breaks every 3 miles its bs!!i just need something reliable is there such a thing?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
No, but if you want a USA made engine, you're limited to a Briggs. Not a kit.

I haven't had any trouble with my China kits. Maybe it's where you're buying them from? Spend a little extra and get a kit from Dax. (Top left corner of the page under sponsors)

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
As someone more experienced than I once said to me after I posted something very similar to you, welcome to the "I hate two strokers" club. Here's what I did once I got sick of my chinagirl: https://www.instructables.com/id/79cc-Motorized-Bicycle-From-Scratch/

I have built several bikes using the 79cc predator engine. It's more expensive than a kit, but you get what you pay for. My latest predator bike has over 5,000 miles on it with nothing but a few flat tires in terms of breakdowns.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
keeping things tight and well adjusted over first few hundred miles will get all to settle in better and become more reliable

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
you do need some mechanical know how for them to be reliable. there are people on here that have many thousands of miles on them. along with several people that have done cross country trips. run good oil, proper carb set up, don't over rev. they are amazing for a cheap little mtr. they are NOT just plug and play. there is a smooooth spot mine run at around 3/4 throttle. that's where i run all 3 of mine with no problems.