I have a big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

noodlecare

Mar 8, 2016
Uk
sounds to me like your clutch may be slipping so that motor doesn't turn when plug is in - opening the clutch cover will show if that is the case
OMG IT WORKED! You are extremely smart. I have another issue now. I got it to run, but it stalls if i dont give it throttle, and seems to be at a high rpm. If i lower the idle, it dies. If I make it higher, it over revs! I took out the throttle cable multiple times to check it and it works perfectly fine. Hopefully you can help fix this issue!
Thanks for the help.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I usually wait till the motor runs in a bit to do any tuning, also it takes a mile or so just to warm up.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
OMG IT WORKED! You are extremely smart. I have another issue now. I got it to run, but it stalls if i dont give it throttle, and seems to be at a high rpm. If i lower the idle, it dies. If I make it higher, it over revs! I took out the throttle cable multiple times to check it and it works perfectly fine. Hopefully you can help fix this issue!
Thanks for the help.
Just guessing here, but I would check the throttle cable is routed without any tight bends or kinks, and that the end of it is down in the carb fitting on top like it should be.
The engines should basically run as originally received unless something just ain't right.
Check the carb mounting and make sure it is up tight on the end of the manifold, that the throttle slide goes up and down freely.
Peer into the carb's throat and adjust the idle stop screw until you just have a small gap below the slide for idle air, just a crack.
Tighten up the choke plate pivot so that the choke stays where it is put, and see if things are better.
One thing to be careful of, is to not tighten the screw on cap on the carb too tight. Using channel locks and cranking it can distort the barrel and make the slide stick. I originally had mine finger tight but eventually began to snug it more with pliers, but just a little bit.
Good luck with it!

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Won't tune, revving, sounds like an air leak to me too. Check for air leaks at the carb/intake, intake/manifold connections, check for air leaks at the head gasket head/cylinder connection. Check to make sure the gaskets are still good.

Last edited:

noodlecare

Mar 8, 2016
Uk
Won't tune, revving, sounds like an air leak to me too. Check for air leaks at the carb/intake, intake/manifold connections, check for air leaks at the head gasket head/cylinder connection. Check to make sure the gaskets are still good.
I will try to find it. Thx for the help

noodlecare

Mar 8, 2016
Uk
Just guessing here, but I would check the throttle cable is routed without any tight bends or kinks, and that the end of it is down in the carb fitting on top like it should be.
The engines should basically run as originally received unless something just ain't right.
Check the carb mounting and make sure it is up tight on the end of the manifold, that the throttle slide goes up and down freely.
Peer into the carb's throat and adjust the idle stop screw until you just have a small gap below the slide for idle air, just a crack.
Tighten up the choke plate pivot so that the choke stays where it is put, and see if things are better.
One thing to be careful of, is to not tighten the screw on cap on the carb too tight. Using channel locks and cranking it can distort the barrel and make the slide stick. I originally had mine finger tight but eventually began to snug it more with pliers, but just a little bit.
Good luck with it!
Thx for replying ! I will check soon and let you know what I find.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
One good way to check for air leaks at the head is to start it and then put your hand a few inches from the head all the way around it and see if you can feel any hot air shooting out or spray some soapy water and see if you can see it spitting out.

Russman73

Sep 22, 2018
You all are awesome my trouble is no compression at all clutch problem or piston stuck really clueless