51 Pacemaker rear belt

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I got my 51 Pacemaker drive train all set up. Belts adjusted. I put on my pedal chain & it's too long. My engine is already all the way back so I can't move my rear wheel back to tighten the chain. I took the rear belt off & took it to the belt place where I get my belts. They measured it & said it's the correct length. It's an AX 62. I bought an AX 63. I figure I can move my engine front if I have to since the belt is longer. I will also be able to move the rear wheel back to tighten the pedal chain. The place I go to sells bearings, belts, chains & pulleys & sprockets. The guy said to put a 1/2 link in the chain. I told him I have a skip tooth chain. I was surprised that he didn't know what a skip tooth chain was. I'll let you know how the belt works out.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Skip tooth chain. Yes sir, I know, but nobody I know does.
That'll probably take a little time to figure out.
Hopefully someone here will have an easy solution for you.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer. I'll be following along.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi JB, hey, I did buy new Bluetooth!!!

However here is what I do, set rear wheel by chain, set square in, at chain length.
All belts are NOT created equal! I like PIX that we also use at EZ Motorbike. My new 1941 Monark is using ax63 pix, with brand new Pacesetter auto-clutch.

BTW my J-powered Monark ran real good at the Whiz-in and thanks for asking!

My only problem was that the screw-on top of the Autolite 425 unscrewed, and when I got it out of the spark plug wire it fell into the gravel on the side of the road. Guess what? The little top of the plug is just about exactly the same color as 1/2 of the little rocks in the gravel. In only about 10 minutes later, I found and re-installed the little bugger and was back on my way!

The second time, the next day, was on smooth black pavement, a no-brainer!

Is 5540 on the tach a good reading on tachometer?

Mike