Bike not starting.

GoldenMotor.com

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Oh, I looked into boost bottles a long time ago and they don't look like they have large enough hoses to actually respond like the theory says they would so I never fooled with em. It's a bicycle and I just want to go 20-30 mph so..meh.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Planning on taking bike on a long trip 30 miles how long agter my break in can i take this thing??
If it's reliable running and has your confidence, and you have an alternate way to get back, or don't mind pedaling 15 miles, go for it.
You can break it in along the way. Stop every ten minutes for ten minutes and you shouldn't over heat it. Use the breaks to check for gas leaks, oil drips, crap falling off and the tensioner and stuff. Bring extra stuff with you. Watch that loose exhaust.
hmm- I wouldn't do it, but I'm old and don't want the exercise.

Burntzombi

Sep 19, 2016
Southington ct
Thanx again for the grate advice .how long how far can i ride this thing affraid to go on a long trip wanna go 30mile round trip just dont wanna beat on my china girl can i do this safe???

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Thanx again for the grate advice .how long how far can i ride this thing affraid to go on a long trip wanna go 30mile round trip just dont wanna beat on my china girl can i do this safe???
No way to know what might happen on the road. I view rides more than 10 miles as an adventure. I don't worry about the CG, I worry my cheap chinese wheels might taco or get a flat. I hate flats. My engine has been pretty reliable, actually.
Don't let it overheat, that's all I woud say.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it takes about 10 miles to get motor to full temp - you'll probably note a change in how it runs then - should be no problem, but best to pay attention to how it acts after that - if it seems strange, shut down for 10 minutes then restart

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I recommend that you stop after every 10-15 miles and let the motor cool while you are breaking it in. The idea is not to let it get too hot while it is shaving those piston rings down to get them to set to the cylinder. During this time friction is increased until they get set and increased friction = higher temps. You should always go heavy on the oil to gas mix during break in to help deal with the extra friction and to help blow the small metal shavings out the exhaust.