Help me build the best motor bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

15rms

Jan 9, 2008
Yes I shift the gears. Here is Houston it is very flat. Not sure yet how the bike will work in a hilly area. I can only guess it would work great. I tend to putt down the road in one of the higher gears just running the engine slowly and peddling. There have been times I wanted to get across a 4 lane road. Putting it in first and nailing the engine it shoots across the street. Possibly the neatest toy I have allowed myself to induldge in.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that sounds awesome 15rms. could we see a picture? i rode a recumbent a few years back and it was tough at first to learn to balance but i must say it was the most comfortable bike i have ever been on. i think a motorized recumbent would really be a wonderful ride

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hmmmmm.....I LIKE the money is no object part!....

I would like a bike like Easy Riders second full suspension bike ( you can look him or just his posts up on this forum)....

Only changes I would make would be the engine....I would try for the factory 4 speed 50 CC engine OR Take the 9 HP version (Of course if I were really ambitious I'd opt for the liquid cooled 11 HP 50 CC engine)....

If I didn't get the Morini that had the factory gearbox, I'd try to make a setup like Sick Bike Parts Shifter Kit for that engine.

Of course everything else on the bike would have to be Top Notch state of the art....

--------

OK BUT for my more "realistic" bike....I would start with a used but not abused GT LTS bike (full suspension....Oh Yes....it DOES make a difference), stick in a "80" CC HT engine, Add Shifter Kit and Power Pipe...

Serious Fun at a reasonable price....Hardest part is to find the used GT bike BUT they do come up every now and again (I scored 2 of them off eBay in recent times).

Hope this helps you. Good Luck in your build.

Andrew

Clotho

May 25, 2008
You would probably be surprised by how well that 6hp engine performs without a transmission. It revs to over 11k rpm. I think Easy mentioned that top speed was about 45mph with it geared for the trail. 45mhp on a bike feels like 100. Remember there are no V rated bicycle tires.

People also seem to be eager to bolt as much hp to these bikes as possible. What they need to remember is that the rest of the bike has to be built to handle the hp.

There is a reason why motorcycles are so heavy.

Skidroadmc

Feb 15, 2011
Seattle
Lets set aside money as a non factor. What would be the best bike motor I could buy? Also what would be the best modifacations I could make.

Background- Helicopter Mechanic

Bike Goal- Looking cool over speed. 150 MPG

Extras- Is there anything like saddle bags for bikes? I dont want the basket on the handle bars.

All input will be welcomed!
I'm using a 4hp diesel with a hydrogen generator, getting approximately 230mpg with a top speed of 50mph I know better can be done with more suitable primary and secondary drive system suited for diesel power curve and rpm

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
This brings about several curiosities like: what type of diesel engine? and how did you build the hydrogen generator, are you talking about a Brown's gas generator with some type of line to the air intake?

I'm using a 4hp diesel with a hydrogen generator, getting approximately 230mpg with a top speed of 50mph I know better can be done with more suitable primary and secondary drive system suited for diesel power curve and rpm

Skidroadmc

Feb 15, 2011
Seattle
It's a Chang fa 4hp with electric start I got it used, so I don't know much about it. The hydro generator is a part for a pool cleaning system that sells for 325.00. It's hooked to an rpm sensor from a tach so it only comes on above 2000rpm