48? Whizzer barn find project

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I was wondering if someone could post a picture of the throttle linkage, clutch spring tensioner and cable ,and the compression release in the open and closed position and the linkage for it? Thanks .
Here's some pics.

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Those are 2 different linkage set ups. One has the throttle & compression release coming off a clamp on the head bolts & the other from a plate that bolts to the intake.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I have the spring & linkage. I'll get it together for you or do you only need the spring? I looked at your pics & the top spring bracket is on your seat post bolt.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I have the spring & linkage. I'll get it together for you or do you only need the spring? I looked at your pics & the top spring bracket is on your seat post bolt.
I think I only need the spring. Is it a very strong spring or could I just grab a spring from the hardware store?

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Thanks for all the help Jay.
Just for the **** of it I went to the hardware store today and it turns out they had a spring for $2.
Now all I need is a gas cap ,controls ,cables ,tires ,tubes fender struts and a drive belt.
Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I have the cash to get her going.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I like this! Say, the engine in that foam, was it just the old one from the barn find or did you get another from somewhere?

MT

PS, I was looking at some thread that you had a picture in August 2012 and looked like the same engine. You had it on deck for a while?

Your other thread:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41331 Page #1 Post #6

Rat Rods I end up with for just my trying to get by with fabricating without all proper stuff:( Still there are people that marvel. Some words like cool ect... but this one little girl said I should get the Nobel Prize... ha, if I did I could afford all the tools and a shop!

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Can anyone help with a main drive belt. I have no idea what size it is or wear to get one.
I'm in the home stretch. Down to tires ,tubes , compression release lever and drive belt before I fire it up.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Tires came in today.

I went with the closest match to the Goodyear tires that were on the bike when I got it. The belt ,gas cap and fender struts also came in. Unfortunately the struts fit perfect in the rear, but are 1 inch to short in the front . So I will have to weld in an extension.
Unfortunately progress will slow for a wile. It's only12 outside in the shed and my space heater can't even come close to keeping it workable out their now. Also I am being transferred to the night shift at work 8pm to 8am. So that will take a while to get use to . But I vow to have it running by spring.

Last edited: