Anyone doing a whizzer resto ?

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks jb, Highwaystar!!
I've been looking at piston companys to see if i can get them to cam ground our piston, theres no center point for them to center them, bummer!!!
theres a small amount of cam .005, still not enough, thats why we run HOT.
i'll post more soon.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
One of the other areas i'm looking at is the WC-1 heads, i might rework a 99, or use a 2003 panther, the 2003 has a smaller size spark plug, 10mm.
remove the 6mm head bolts for the 5/16 size head bolts.

Ray

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Not a lot of progress so far, i've got 3 WC-1 heads that i'll have ready to use.
one is a 1999 with the the 14mm plug, second is the 2001, and third is the 2003 with the 10mm plug.

all have sock 6mm head bolt pattern , and will have to be sized up to the new 5/16" head bolts.
will start modifying each head, all three will have some different mods done to them. hope to start soon.

Ray

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Almost there, still need to add (2) 5/16" perma coils, clean up the bore, redid the head bolts from 6mm to 5/16," matched up the head too. also change the combustion chamber.
shaved the valves, lightened up the piston some more. then it's off to do the heat coating.

Ray

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
For some reason I was thinking that Whizzer engines had a different shape, but I see the LOGO on the crankcase. I guess mostly you cleaned up the engine and all so good that a Whizzer engine I think of the past, is really looking new as you brought it back to today!

MT

There was a two cylinder opposed two stroke Whizzer I saw all rusted up on Ebay years back asking 5,000 and it had the very round cylinders. There are I'm sure a few variation of engines?

Last edited:

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi all, to Measure Twice, Whizzer did not make the two stroke Twin you saw, they were sold by Jack and Heinz, Marmon, and Monarch (called the Super Twin by Monarch). I believe that the engine was actually built by a company called "Power Products".
They were competitors in the day (a bit before my time). I've seen them, but never owned one.
There was one at the Whiz-in up here about spring of 2012, running, no silencers in it, VERY loud piercing noise!
They were a bit faster than the H, but no match for the later Whizzers I'm told.

Mike