Dynabeads!!

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It works on the same principle as these. Centramatic Wheel Balancers I am convinced I can just put plain Ol water in a plastic bottle and duplicate that video. If you put just barely enough water to even coat the inside of the bottle it will not work.. I will just stick to not ''ever'' getting any flats.

Last edited:

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
well i e-mailed the makers of dynobeads. this is what i wrote:
I have recently purchased beads from one of your dealers. i am not sure of the amount to use. i have a motorized bicycle that i ride between 32-37mph. The tire size is 29" x 1.65 bicycle tire. So could i get advice on the amount of beads i should use.
Thank you very much,
Richard R

This is there reply,

Bicycles do not go fast enough to balance. With a large diameter wheel you would not have to balance them unless your speed was in excess of 40 MPH or more. You could use 1 ounce and try it but I do not thing you will notice anything.
THANK YOU,
CAROL

DYNA BEADS
(TEL)585-467-6028
(FAX)585-336-9397
DynaBeads

So , I dont know what to say. Since i already spent the $11 , I will probably try them out, but, who knows?..

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Speed will be part of the equation. I'll give you my example. I had no problems when I was running my china girl engine. My cruising speed was 25-30 mph. When I started using the 200cc clone engine my cruising speed went up to 40- 48 mph. At 40 I couldn't take my left hand off the handlebars to give hand signals because it would wobble. I had to let the speed get to around 35 for a hand signal. Now with the dynabeads I can take my left hand off the grip for a signal at any speed without anything scary happening. It's always smooth now. Did I need to balance my tires? Yes without a doubt. Does everyone need to balance their tires? No. It's just a tool that is there if you need it.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
I usally ride between 32-37 mph, so im thinking for $11 bucks its worth a shot at helping with some vibration and possibly some tire wear. The beads will be here tommorow. I will do some testing and get the feel before the beads and then after i put them in and post my results. Im not doubting that they work. its just after getting the email from the makers saying it might not help unless you are going over 40 mph. Ill check it out so that riders uder 40mph at least have some evaluation befor they spend their money.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
I am a slime hater! I use the HD Slime tubes with pre filled goo in them and I can feel my tire hop up and down at about 17 mph... it gets a bit worse through 35mph. its the spot of goo that lumps up and is held their but centripetal force. I usually have to let the goo warm up and stop when I think the glob is at the top then let it coat the inside somewhat evenly then ride again and try not to stop. it actually is a problem on my cruiser.. no suspension makes you feel every wobble and hop. I think goatheder cant feel it cause of all that travel! I think the beads will lump up the same way if their are too many... seriously folks a bike tire is so light that .5 oz is usually all they take... I did one at my work on the balancer! and even less if you take the time to true the wheel!!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am a slime hater! I use the HD Slime tubes with pre filled goo in them and I can feel my tire hop up and down at about 17 mph... it gets a bit worse through 35mph. its the spot of goo that lumps up and is held their but centripetal force. I usually have to let the goo warm up and stop when I think the glob is at the top then let it coat the inside somewhat evenly then ride again and try not to stop. it actually is a problem on my cruiser.. no suspension makes you feel every wobble and hop. I think goatheder cant feel it cause of all that travel! I think the beads will lump up the same way if their are too many... seriously folks a bike tire is so light that .5 oz is usually all they take... I did one at my work on the balancer! and even less if you take the time to true the wheel!!
You said you use preslimed tubes...17mph pft laff
Funny preslimed tubes don't work! They have just enough of the product to coat the tube'''IF'' that. Then a guy sits there convinced he is going to use a patch IMHO thats very sad when folks can't figure this part out. Theres Mebbe one/two ounce's in there if that! I use up to 8 to 12 per tube but I always run the likes of balloon size tires.. . Its having an active puddle in the tube that delivers the sealing agents and I dare say balances my tires. Thats my trick..Pretty simple;) Maintaining perfectly straight rim's and tires is absolutely something I have always taken great pride in..

I can ride in the gutter or the street to know the difference and not all of my bikes are state of the art full sus or have been . I have used this stuff for over 40 years and have never had a balance problem to diagnose ..Fact is for me I have yet to see it set up like you mentioned ether. I gotta suppose I have not seen everything in life we all learn new things all the time. I don't see enough weight or inertia here to explain this. LAMO

There is barely enough inertia with the Dynabeads.

This is there reply,
THANK YOU,
CAROL

DYNA BEADS
(TEL)585-467-6028
(FAX)585-336-9397
DynaBeads
Bicycles do not go fast enough to balance. With a large diameter wheel you would not have to balance them unless your speed was in excess of 40 MPH or more. You could use 1 ounce and try it but I do not thing you will notice anything.
So , I dont know what to say. Since i already spent the $11 , I will probably try them out, but, who knows?..
Just not really sold on that story is all. I cleaned up a back yard this summer for somebody there was a ''new'' unused bottle mixed in with a whole mess of tools and other things that had scaled up rusted up a lot here in the desert. The stuff had not set up and looked perfectly fine. It was estimated that it was buried in that mess for mebbe 10 years..talking summer and winter. We put it in the wheel barrel tire we were using.

I have had it dry up from trillions of goathead stickers and simply put more in the tube and or started over. What do I mean by this? The active puddle was gone and I was finally periodically having to reharden a tire with more air. Happens to me about every 3000 to 4000 miles. The bike tire is wasted after that anyway.. Never did I have a said lump or a balance problem to diagnose. Its just not possible to get a lump from a preslimed tube as there is nothing in there to begin with as I perceive it.. Think about it for a second how did they get a tube and a whole bottle of slime in that tiny cardboard box.. It has always been like this they don't..I absolutely hate preslimed tubes.

Some hard core spandex weight wienies tease this equation and never figure it out.. I will not ever use those little bitty skinny tires. There needs to be an active puddle and air volume in the equitation as I perceive it. Paper thin tubes are no bueno and real motorcycles don't use them.

There is such a thing as a tire that is out of round what this means is you are not going to balance it no matter what. If you have a ''hopping'' tire at an extremely slow pace as '''''17 mph''''' it is way more serious than that in all of my years of hands on experience with this stuff. . I would be looking at things diligently for more accurate explanation IMHO. A tank slapping hop at 17 mph is ridiculous.

Any way the thread seams to be titled Dynabeads I guess and not about slime dunno? Never wanted to step on any toes.. Yet in my experience no flats and things have always worked flawlessly on every bike I ever owned that is all.

Here where I live you would need a tire liner made of sheet metal to survive with out it and I would still get a sticker through the side wall. Yep I have found them there.

One rear tire of mine this summer got Pyracantha thorns, two small nails a shard of wire, last a whole barrage of goatheads. It made it 3000 miles and never went flat but I had to add air to it periodically. . I ride ''every day'' I put that old tube in a new tire after pulling the impalements off of it added more slime to it. ''don't even''' own a patch kit. Its been 15 gallons of gas I think since then by now. I added air to it one time it was 40 degrees outside was why.. It is rock hard as I type. I have spent my whole life on bicycles. I have a real Mountain here I have ran down the paved side of too.:D

Last edited:

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
well today i tested out the dynobeads. i put them in my rear tire only, thats where i was feeling the vibration from ,plus they are a pain to put in the tire. what i did notice when i was pushing the over 35mph was i did not feel the vibration anymore. So i assume that they do work.
But really if you are not going to be sustaining high speeds there is no disernable difference with or without them.