BrettMavrik's Production Bobber Frame For Builders Has Begun...

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Mornin,' MB'ers...

Did some more work last night. I finished up the original style isolated motor mounts and now the HT is sittin' pretty. I'm going to rework the front mount to get the motor tucked up near the front downtube a little more. The motor is clocked as to take on the stock position with a stock carb intake at level, so it follows the lines of the bike nicely. If my calculations are correct, you guys who bought the fancy chopper exhaust pipe should have no problems bolting it right up to this frame.

See! I'm thinkin' ahead... =-]'

The jackshaft mount is next. You can see its' tubing clamp on the frame.
You see how everything can be maneuvered to get it all just right and the perfect tension on all chains?
This bike will be a very easy build for anyone.

'BrettMavriK
.shft.

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
It's all an illusion, Gene......

The motor sits no higher than as if it were on a stock Stingray. Observe the bottom bracket (pedal crank tube) in relation with the axle line. The horizontal tube is what makes mounting the engine, jackshaft, and new sealed electrical compartment possible and hassle free. It's a very important branch of the tree.
The motor is slanted in stock configuration for a good reason; available exhausts for choppers. Moreso important than Jim's straight intake, as exhausts are hard for the average joe to make, modify, and tweak.

No fuss, no muss.....
Jim's intake is the bomb however, with it's nice o-ring seal. Wish it was possible for one with a bend that would locate the carb in its' stock location.

'BrettMavriK

What is the reason to locate that tube in that location making the motor sit so high in the frame? If it were lower you could have the cylinder head level and use Jims intake.

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Hey bikers,

I massaged the front mount to get the motor an inch more forward. I can probably squeeze another 1/2" out of it. She's starting to look like an element for the road. =-]'

'BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Thanks, Echo

I've just about finished the sliding jack shaft assembly which is a really nice feature.
The jack shaft, like the engine mounts, can be positioned perfectly. This allows you to dial in
the chain tension and slack between both sides and get it just right.
I'll have a photo posted a little later. The completion date and fire up is still scheduled for June 31st.

'BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
More work on the Bar Hopper.....

The Bar Hopper is starting to look pretty mean... =-]'

Got the jackshaft all welded up and assembled, and then started on the springer solo seat.

'BrettMavriK

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Brett...are those your next projects lined up in the back there? JK...your project is coming along nicely. Powder coat or Paint? Color?

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Brett you need to give us some close-ups of that jack shaft setup.....That bike is looking great! So did you weld the cylinders for the bolts to the piece of pipe and then cut them in half for those motor mounts?

.sno.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Hey Thanks!

Terron, as I wrote in the other posts, I will have to finish this bike first...
Then I can determine the costs, and forecast orders for quantity pricing of materials.
I won't have an answer until then. I will also need to R&D this design to make sure it is tried and true.
Dad, I will have more detailed photos once everything is cleaned up and presentable.
Right now, everything still has rough edges and weld smoked. Yes very simple design on the tubing clamps. An old age clamping system that is very effective. The smaller tubes are welded on each side all paralell. Then the entire unit is "halved" down the middle. The result is a hand made clamp that fits extremely snug and could hold back an 1100 cc engine.

'BrettMavriK

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Brett...are those your next projects lined up in the back there? JK...your project is coming along nicely. Powder coat or Paint? Color?
Heheheh, Barron!
They all wish I was slapping motors on their rides... =-]'

The frame will be painted in the old school rat rod shade tree fashion.....shake & shoot!
I'm thinking a Gun Metal Grey over white primer for brightness. Then white and blue accents here and there to kiss the tins.....

'BrettMavriK

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
The frame will be painted in the old school rat rod shade tree fashion.....shake & shoot!
I'm thinking a Gun Metal Grey over white primer for brightness.
Seems a shame when considering your paint job on your tins and tank and the Cobra theme you set out to do. Btw what do you want for the XL.
Gene

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
A Shame....? Really....?
What do you suggest over this Sin of Rattle Can Proportions?

As far as the XL goes....
It's only the frame and the fork that is for sale...
maybe the fenders because they match. The wheels
and cranks are going to be used for another build.

'BrettMavriK

I'm thinking a Gun Metal Grey over white primer for brightness.
Seems a shame when considering your paint job on your tins and tank and the Cobra theme you set out to do. Btw what do you want for the XL.
Gene

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
I might be interested in the complete bike for a younger fellow if the price is good. I don't really see why you need to strip off the wheels,fenders and the crank off that particular bike if you are trying to sell it.

As far as your bobber goes , from a marketing point you should have a powdercoat frame to illustrate the final results. and I think the color should match your tins. Not all bobbers are rats. and certainly not with Cobra scheme paint jobs.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
You guy's need to play fair or I'll take the ball and go home. I'm sure we can find some common ground in constructive critisizim and taking ideas for what there worth....you make the call!!

Status
Not open for further replies.