California Registration Questions

GoldenMotor.com

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Lol yes I'm serious.

So just give me a simple yes or no answer.
Does the signature field on the top half page need to be signed with a date if I am going to use it to ride?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
leave it blank. there is no seller. the cops don't care who sold it to you, who built it, or if santa clause gave it to you for being a very, very good boy all year.

you only sign that if you sell it.

as for the blank engine number, just leave it blank. that's the way th dmv sent it to you, so leave it alone. it's a legal document, the serial number of the bike proves it's yours, so stop worrying about it.

if you have the plate on your bike, a DOT helmet, and ride like a responsible person, the odds of you getting pulled over and ever having to pull that piece of paper out of your pocket are pretty slim.

in the rare event you do get stopped, do not ask the cop as many questions as you're asking us. answer HIS questions, and don't offer anymore information or concerns than you need to.

if you badger him about the inconsistencies on your registration or tell him something stupid like your bike is over 2hp and goes faster than 30, it's your own fault if you get a ticket.

like everyone else is saying (but in a less direct way,) just shut up and ride... :)