Lets do it

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm giving some thought to buying one of those velcro timex kits. You know the one for the front wheel friction drive things. I figure if I do, you are going to have to walk me through it all. There are no directions I'm told.

Course I am NOT going to pay a lot for that piece of Chinese landfill material. If I can work out a deal with BGF, and if I get just little sicker of Ebikes, you wanna help me tackle one.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
I haven't messed with one of those so I don't know if I'll be able to help you if you run into a snag.
I think you nailed it on land fill material last couple I got from bgf were not that great
one lasted about 5 sec ate the piston due to trash in the crankcase. the one I'm working on now has one of the sorriest ignitions I've played with I got one of the weak mag coils.
I have to keep it on a high idle to make the lights work.
This engine wasn't test ran at the factory ever so that was a good thing for me.
I took this engine completely apart before it was ran found lot of nasty things inside metal,and dirt this thing would have trashed if I'd ran it out of the box. Funny thing it looked nice till I tore into it found too much wrong. Must be why the price was so low? It now runs good other than a weak mag coil.
So beware of them.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think I will have to give it some serious thoughts before i do anything. I had one of his engines the first time, but I screwed it up. I'm sure you remember, so this could be disastrous. The problem the other member had with this kit sounds like sloppy factory work, so maybe you nailed it.

I am building a new trailer for my batteries. This time I'm building one to last not just get out on the road with something to play with. Its late here so I'm off to bed see you later Norman.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm giving some thought to buying one of those velcro timex kits. You know the one for the front wheel friction drive things. I figure if I do, you are going to have to walk me through it all. There are no directions I'm told.

Course I am NOT going to pay a lot for that piece of Chinese landfill material. If I can work out a deal with BGF, and if I get just little sicker of Ebikes, you wanna help me tackle one.
Oh! Oh! Pick ME!!!!!
I'll help! I'll help!!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Joe do you reckon the hook ups are the same as the bike bug you had. It looks like it has a clutch is that the way yours was. He says it has the 49cc motor it should be a hummer if it does. I also read that it is the velvita solifex 3800. Maybe I can find a set of instruction for it on line, if I decide to buy one.

I have been saving my pennies to buy something, I can't decide if I want batteries or a velvet semplex knock off. I ran a lot of front wheel weed whacker and liked them pretty good actually. This thing should be better.

It might be a cool ride on my faux trike. I just finished making a pretty sturdy trailer for batteries on a second Rhino drive. I might have to sell one or the other of them along with all my extra ebike stuff to make room for another build. The shop runith over.

If we do this, since there are no instruction we might as well make a how not to guide lol.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm thinking the HonDu Veveeta Soloflex is is very nearly like the real thing, only built of the cheapest parts available. I don't know if the real one has an auto, or what....I think I may look into it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
He wont take 125 for it so I'm going to wait for him to unload them, or for more people to import them. In the meantime if you decide to pay more than it is worth, write us poor unmechanical types a set of instructions for installing it. If not, when I get one, I'll write a set of what not to do instructions.

I am not going to pay two hundred for a something that even he admits I might have to remake before it is usable. He seems to think he has a Honda or something there. The truth is there is less to the kit, than there is to a 66cc in frame kit.

I guess I'll just buy those big sla batteries instead. I definitely want to stay friction drive from now on.

Well they said i was based on the 3800 if that is any help...

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The other thing I am beginning to wonder is "is this 49cc like the 80cc kit. In other words is it really 32cc traveling int 49cc disguise."

That manuel is in french. I don't speak or read no frenchie.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hmmmm I don't know what the original was.

With my luck, I'd order one "as-is" and it would come with a Quaker Oats box for a cylinder or some such.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
my thoughts exactly.... I looked at a pocket bike motor to pull my scooter wheel on top of the bike wheel drive system. They don't come with exhaust or gas tank. I think I can pick up a gas tank from the local guy for about fifteen bucks but I have no idea about an exhaust system. I think I'm just gonna hang in with the emotors for now. I might go back to fume spewing soon though.

There should be a system with the best of both kinds of motors. Too bad there isn't. Ebikes are always going to have a definitive limit on range, unless there was some kind of national battery exchange program. Their problem is range. My gas bike's big problem was so many maintenance things you needed to do to ride it even ten miles. If I didn't check a lot of different things, I could easily walk home. I am serious I used the bike very little but I know I had issues with it almost every ride. Nothing serious just loose bolts, out of gas a couple of times, clogged fuel lines, chain falling off, the dreaded tensioner going through the rear spokes, all kinds of little things. Nothing really serious just always some little thing.

The ebike is more forgiving because there is much less vibration, but there is that range thing hanging over my head. I don't use it much or go far but if I wanted to go to auto fasteners for a special nut or bolt, it is too far.

I guess something will come along sometime that will resolve all the issues. A bike that runs on banana peals.

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
I haven't done it but a gas engined bike with a front electric hub motor would be neat along with the stock pedals you'd have 3 chances to make it home unless you have a flat.
OR front wheel gas friction drive with rear wheel gas drive or electric lot of combos to mess with
or a trike with the combos the trike would be able to haul heavy battries even a briggs engine
on a trike with it covered by a box and very quiet muffler the box can double as a place to haul stuff plus cover up the engine. I still want to do a front wheel powered by pedals and rear wheel by china
2-stroke recumbent bike with a seat with a back rest. I have a recumbent in the stalled works due to not wanting to spend money on it for wheels and good brakes would not take much to finish just being a cheap skate. I need to go yard saleing see if I can find me some bike parts. I need a 5 to 7 speed rear sprocket cluster for the recumbent I don't know what brand the rear wheel is but I might get lucky some time, wish the city dump would allow me to look there as they get broke bikes regularly.
I also need a set of the late style side pull brakes all the parts cut off a bike so I can weld them on and brake levers I've got the brake cables made that is the easy part. Finding a good donor bike is what I need to do or go buy one at wally world.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
They have a good bike thrift show here. Or a thrift store with a good selection of bikes. At all times there are ten to twenty on their porch. I buy a bike there for ten bucks just for the wheels and sprockets sometimes. I was able to test ten bikes that way for about a hundred bucks over the two years we have been doing this. I found the right size for me, with a couple of possible twists even, so it has been great.

The faux trike I have will haul those heavy batteries. I think I am just pretty tired of messin with ebikes lol. Looking for a new challenge. I have a great drive system and it's just a matter of getting the platforms to operate well.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
For any viable electric vehicle, the country would need charged swappable and universal batteries, available with the swipe of your money card.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Imagine a crash with 50 lbs of Li-Po batteries on board! Oh the fireball! Oh the eco-nightmare!!!!

Oh, the humanity.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Oh my god look at that falling from the sky. Er sorry shades of the Hindenburg there.

yes I have felt that way about the swap system. You would still need at least forty miles of real riding in car or bike before you needed to swap or you would never get anywhere out of town. Most people could use an e car or bike for the commute to work, but visiting grandma would be a problem.

Also those guys with their claims of range are so full of it. If I wanted to pedal 90% why bother with a motor at all. I want a 10% or less pedal and then you drop down to about 25% of their claims. I want ten miles of 90% motor use range. For that I need a minimum of 30 ah sla. I might be able to get it with 20ah liposuction batteries. Only because the energy in a sla battery falls out in the first 25% of battery use and the lithograph batteries, they claim, are constant output. At least that's how I read it.

I"M GLAD somebody moved this it was getting off subject pretty far in the other thread, but I hated to see it die.

Last edited: