Manic Mechanic isn't closing shop

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hello guys,

On November 15, we will be closing shop for good. :(

We have not had any commercial work for a bit over a year. I have been keeping the shop open with my savings.

Karen and I thank all of you who have supported our efforts.

We have talked to so many really nice people over the past year and a half. I don't want to quit, but I can't afford a 20K per year hobby shop.

Final orders will be accepted until November 2 for The sprocket adapters and sprockets only.

Jim

UPDATE 2/8/10;

Creative Engineering said:
Pirate cycles started buying our stuff last spring...it takes a bit to get started, and Pirate is now doing very well with the sales of our products.

Justin has the capital to buy in quantity, so it works great for everyone. I get to run production, the customer get's instant gratification, and Justin makes a profit for orchestrating the whole thing. It is truly a win-win for everyone!

Karen and I fully expect to make it through another year :)

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Let me be the first to say that I'm so very sorry to hear this news, Jim. You have been a icon of the motorized bicycle world for many of us and your services will be sorely missed. Best of luck in your future endevores and I know you'll be succesfull in whatever you strive to do. Please keep in touch with your many friends here and let us know how you're doing. I think I speak for all of us when I say, Thank you for your past support and dedication to the world of motorized bicycles.
Tom

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
if you have any intake manifolds left Ill take one as well as a motor mount I was just about to order these from you ,I am very sorry to here your closing im new to this hobby and consistantly heard of your good rep,it also stinks because your right down the street from me,Im in dundin,if you could do a motor mount or manifold it would be greatly appreciated I will pay extra for your trouble seeing you wont be making these any longer

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Dittos to all the above Jim, and you will be hearing from me as well for a sprocket/adapter setup. Again, thanks for your time and knowledge.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Im sorry to hear about this....I was wanting to order a intake manifod as well....If you have any I would much appricate it....Hope everything goes well for you....
John-John

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Jim sorry to hear about this...I am new to the world of MB and you've been very patient with me and thank you for all the advise you've given. You have helped a lot of beginners! Best Regards to you and Karen.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Really sorry to hear the news Jim, I feel that I have become to know you through the telephone conversations.
Best of luck in whatever you do, you will be fine, you are a sharp guy!

Thanks again,

John

xtk

Jul 14, 2009
California
[dramatic]
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
[/dramatic}
:-||

Thank you for all your work Jim.

You products will be surely missed!

p.s. Ever think about selling your designs to another company?

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
That's very unfortunate that you have to close your shop, but you know what they say, "when one door closes another door opens", I hope this is true for you and that new things will come your way and that you will be successful in them. You have always been patient and never considered yourself too ranked to converse with amateurs like myself, I'm sure your proficiency in working with others will be recognized and respected in whatever field you choose to apply yourself.

Good luck.

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Far Northern N.S.W Australia
Sorry to hear this ,You do great work ,as luck would have it I just ordered two sprockets and adaptors, one thru Pirate Cycles and found out today that Rock Solid Engines here in Aus have them, so Im very pleased I got to find out about your excellent parts .

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
We're not loosing a parts supplier - an artist is retiring. Our hobby is lessened for it.

Jim - I hope you'll get some time to just kick back and enjoy yourself!

Ride on man :)

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Wow, very sad news. From all of us as Sick Bike Parts we wish you the best and hope you land in a spot that will allow you to continue your hobby. Thanks for your help.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Thats a bummer Jim, you do good work and will be missed, hope you stick around the forum cause your a smart dude and im sure you will do fine where ever your life takes you next. Good Luck!!

Reel Adventure

Jul 1, 2009
wilmington nc
Jim, I still need a 34 tooth sprocket. I have left messages on your phone and sent and email. I am the one that got 32 tooths and should have gotten 34 tooths, you send you would send out the 34 tooths. At this point I only need one 34 tooth sprocket and I will pay for it if I have too!

I just need it, please pm or email.

Thanks,
Matt