rear suspension #2

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Curved manifold. What I did on my first build. Put the air filter in line of airflow. I think that bike would look good with a larger mb tank like a 1gal

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Thats what 'gasbike' calls their NT carb. My pz 16 will now fit nice with a curved mani and have room for cone filter. I need to find the ole 'filtron' sock for this set up. How you comin along on your next build? I was thinking of tryin to turn a freehub into a 3or four gear. Yoy can get a freehub kit with only one gear for a fixie set up.. so im thinking with the spacers yoy get..i could add my own gearing. Idn. It does look like it was squeezed

Last edited:
Reactions: techicaldaydreams
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Gonna run the stock muffler for now. I need a sharp 90 to make a pipe. Which will happen because now the shock girder has only 3/4" before hitting the muffler. I tkink this will be the last of the surprise changes to make.

Attachments

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Wow spend a coupla days working on my stuff and you make nearly a complete build over. At the risk of sounding unpatriotic the Honda is a better motor, though I'm fond of the ole Briggseys.

Here a semi finished pic of one of my Lifans(Honda clone) build. This was a great bike. A friend still has it. Save yer$$ and buy a whizzer/cruzzer tank.

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=265752&postcount=10

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
That is one out of the box brake set up! No wonder why you have faith in your front coaster set up. Dang that is a clone fer sure. Looks just like the Honda. Hey I wanted the Briggs. The mind conceived, but the hands missed the mark. I could put an angled mm plate over the existing and make it work. So if the power isn't there ill be redoing it. I'm in holding, waiting for a #35 sprocket,and freewheel from sbp. I thought I could use a sprocket freewheel from a razor mx500.. nope..their threaded uncommonly, they go on halfway, then you gotta wrench'em on..and I didn't want to chance striping my adaptor. Al ready thinking of a build using a cruiser frame and running down tubes like jeff's bikes (CCC).

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Looks great! Super clean work!

Like the rear fender stay. I built a bobber out of a Sportster and did the same thing, makes a really sturdy mount.

You can paint the chrome if you cut the plating well with coarse grit and prime it. I kinda like it as is though. Boots are a cool touch!

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Wow..thx guys!! What a great place to come share how this "hobby"has taken hold of me. I always liked white..just hope i will take care of it..it doesnt hide dirt an grime like black does. Yeah the chrome will stay. The boots did it.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
You got a classic bobber now with no front fender.

Any part of a front fender will help make riding easier/more enjoyable.
I rode my Sporty bobber 60mi in the rain at 38 degrees. Cold wasn't the worst part it was the completely full western boots from the water distribution system(read front wheel). Ate my share of gravel and sand too. Add the fender at what ever size.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Im tapping out on rear suspention. The clutch i ordered ended up being a max torque design. I thought i was getting the C spring design..not. The shudder take offs are intensified by the suspension movement. Soo i have a bicycle. One last attempt at saving it will be to put a belt drive with lever actuated clutch. It works nice on my daily driver. The draw back is having to use a dual pull brake. If anyone has done a long handle lock unlock lever on a belt clutch..how'd ya do it?