ne1 have trouble with customs importing?

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
That is really weird. I have ordered several parts, including motors out of Canada and got them with no trouble. I was even surprised on how fast the shipping was, faster than alot of places here in the U.S.

John

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I think customs inspections are random.

I've shipped 20 or so clutch kits to Canada...it usually takes 8-10 days.

One was held, and it took three weeks. I was just about to send out another one when it finally arrived.

Has your engine kit actually been seized?, or will you eventually get it after they finish their inspection?

Jim

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
What are you saying Joe? Were you thinking that if Customs were to use a good synthetic oil, they would not seize the engines?

Feb 6, 2009
utah
Iam not sure if they were goin to seize it but Dan the customs officer said if it got released it would be goin back to Canada and not to me.

Feb 6, 2009
utah
Dont get me wrong i dont have anything against the outfit in Canada. He was really nice and communicated with me the whole time. And after customs holding it for a week and then telling me if it got released it would be going back to canada . I asked if i could get a refund and it was taken care of the next day. cheers and thank you PKS

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Dont get me wrong i dont have anything against the outfit in Canada. He was really nice and communicated with me the whole time. And after customs holding it for a week and then telling me if it got released it would be going back to canada . I asked if i could get a refund and it was taken care of the next day. cheers and thank you PKS
Buy your kit locally they will sneak in from Canada for you! LOL.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I know the U.S. is PO'ed with the Europeans and is banning the import of small cycles/scooters/ect. from 49-150cc because they won't buy our tainted beef products....but that is not this.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Maybe it's all tied to this.
Maybe they are making it harder for all imports wether it's engines or back scratchers so that we have no choice but to make it here bypassing all the hurdles.
The talk about lead in the other thread all ties in with all toys coming over I dunno if I'm liking this.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I know the U.S. is PO'ed with the Europeans and is banning the import of small cycles/scooters/ect. from 49-150cc because they won't buy our tainted beef products....but that is not this.

You forgot the Genetically Modified Monsanto grains wheat rice and others with Human DNA in them.
Or the G HeRbErT WaLkEr Bush food groups Melamine , Formica, and antifreeze.

As well as a generous helping of Samonella and E coli. I dont want to eat the food either.