Soft springs on new seat

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You might be able to take a short length of 1/4 -5/16" or 3/8" black automotive fuel line and split it so that it will slip over and around the springs, then maybe two or three thin black zip ties could be used to secure it at each end and maybe one in the middle, if done right it wouldn't look bad and that would for sure add extra support.

Lay the line down flat and with a sharp utility knife just cut a slit down the legth of the hose and then install it over the spring.

just the first thing that came to mind, might be worth a try if the tubing you're using now doesn't hold up well.

Map
.wee.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Neat fixes so far. I'm only 160 and my springs are still a little soft. Mine is a bit different, its very comfy, but it has a second set of springs underneath and a sway bar. I'm not sure if your seat could add the second set like mine or not. I'm going to play around with all this too. thanks!

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego
Sounds lime those seats are more useful to light weight fellas or gals maybe in the 150lbs or less range.

Just saying...

Map
Map,
You were right on. I feel a little bitter cause the seat didn't do it for me but a lighter rider may be fine. I will say that the parts are very weak, crappy metal, very easy to bend...just cheap. I gutted the seat several times, bend springs...no better. Then in the true spirit of this hobby I used the base of another spring seat and presto! Much better.....not a complete result yet

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Map,
You were right on. I feel a little bitter cause the seat didn't do it for me but a lighter rider may be fine. I will say that the parts are very weak, crappy metal, very easy to bend...just cheap. I gutted the seat several times, bend springs...no better. Then in the true spirit of this hobby I used the base of another spring seat and presto! Much better.....not a complete result yet
Well the main thing is that I hope you can get your seat to the point where your happy with it and its comfy and safe for the backside, having a good comfy seat that stays where you want it is important on these motorized bikes to me.
My seats aren't the coolest and sportiest looking seats bit they are duable and comfortable for the long rides I make since I live several milea out of town, 30-45 mile rides are not uncommon for me in a day, so comfort trumps the coolest looking seat for me.

The good ole wide cushy cloud 9 seats are my favorite so far.

Map