Correct me if I'm wrong

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I was just on eBay checking out some pistons when this jug pops up stating its been ported and polished for optimal performance and a 30% increase in power .

now look close at this jug pictured closely do you see the schlage I do?
Also it says it's brand new, now does that piston look new to anyone?
The rings perhaps but not that piston these are the guys you gotta watch out for.

Look at both ports do they look like they have ever been touched with anything other than fuel and air " I messaged the seller & asked if the one pictured is the one I'd get? I was told yes it is " His other stuff looks good but this jug just caught me as ...off

& I thought my porting job sucked at least actually I took a dremel to mine.. & wouldnt dream of ever seling one! This guy must and tried that new "wish port" method .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-66cc-M...031?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3386c013d7

USE "CTRL +" to REALLY zoom in on the picture, then "CTRL -" to zoom out , you can eve see the hoogey boned threads on the left exhaust stud side How is this brand new I say B.S.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I would not run that cylinder or piston even in a used engine.
I do not see any porting or polishing at all.
The cylinder's chrome plating has a crack coming off of the transfer port cutout in the cylinder spigot. That spells certain doom as the chrome will flake in short time.
The piston has been dropped, deforming the edge of the piston crown and that will cause undue wear on the cylinder.
They both look like factory "seconds" or rejects that were swept up from the assembly line floor.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I
The piston has been dropped, deforming the edge of the piston crown and that will cause undue wear on the cylinder.
I saw that exact same divot ... The rest of his stuff does look fine in fact I even bought a piston top end kit off him I will keep ya's informed to the quality of said products

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Personally I wouldn't buy anything from him because of his neutral and negative feed back replies. I've dealt with a couple of sellers like him and (to me) it isn't worth the hassle.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Personally I wouldn't buy anything from him because of his neutral and negative feed back replies. I've dealt with a couple of sellers like him and (to me) it isn't worth the hassle.
Well I almost always read the sellers feedback I think the 99% positive threw me off doing it this one time .. Now my wife is worried. Not that we will get taken ..but what will happen if we do get taken

.You see I'm the kind of guy who "on principle alone" will drive down to Florida "on my big boy bike" buy something from him using the "local pick up option " and beat the living urine out of him!!!Then ride home
Especially if he talks to me the way he spoke to everyone that left him bad feedback
I'm just dumb enough to do it too :)

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I should be able to get at least $50 for my gasket mold then esp. if he is getting $100 for that gem ..right?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have bought a couple things from that fella with no issues and he shipped it out quickly in good packaging, I also saw the " ported and polished jug and piston combo mess he has offered and I am and was suspecting of fraud with it, the piston looks like it is new but is in rough shape and it also looks like it is a piston for one of the older engines like I have on my first build that has a lot lower dome which will give very low compression in one of the current slant head type engines, this fella is also pretty high on some of his parts but not so bad on others, if he really does have some ported jugs for sale he dang sure should have the right pix listed on ebay and not the stock stuff he has showing.

I ordered a jug that claimed to have the ports cleaned up and polished straight out of china last year just out of curiosity since it was cheap, and guess what, I got a very nice, very clean with straight fins, brand new stock untouched jug for $18 free shipping right from mainland China to my mailbox, I wasn't disappointed because that is what I expected to get and for the price it was still a bargain for $18 free shipping to my door for the new jug.

Map
.wee.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Im starting to think he may have posted the wrong picture on the polished ported ad however I asked him and he said the one in the pic is the one you get!! YIKES!!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Im starting to think he may have posted the wrong picture on the polished ported ad however I asked him and he said the one in the pic is the one you get!! YIKES!!!
Yeah a big yikes........ he must have wiped a shoe shine rag across it and said to himself, its polished.....lol!

Best I remeber the jug straight out of China land took about 10 days give or take a couple, I've ordered several things from the main land like that and normally around 10 days is what it takes to get it from there to central Texas, I dont figure that is to bad when I've ordered stuff right here in the states and had it take that long a few times.

Hope all is good on your end jumpa, sure has been cold lately, but we have more of it to come so we may as well just grin and bare it..... busted off the 07 Soft Tail last Friday for a ride into town and it sure was nice, sure ready for better weather so I can get on two wheels more often for sure.

Later Bro.

Map