Cylinder Tank

GoldenMotor.com

WarriorAirman

Aug 5, 2013
Hanscom AFB, Ma
I was wondering if anyone knew either a good way to make or a cheap place to buy a cylinder tank i think they look wicked and would love to have one but... cant bring my self to pay 250+. Any advice would help. thanks.flg.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
I was wondering if anyone knew either a good way to make or a cheap place to buy a cylinder tank i think they look wicked and would love to have one but... cant bring my self to pay 250+. Any advice would help. thanks.flg.
...if you're on a budget then this thread by ferball will show you how to make a cylinder type tank from pvc for very small money.

hth, bozo

btw, thanks for your service brother.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Those coyote tanks are nice, and not much more expensive than a tank made with a learning curve.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You can use a large v-8 can of you want, try sending member silverbear a pm, he made me a nice leather wrapped tank a couple years ago and it was reasonably priced..very reasonably priced.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
There is always fire extingwisher tanks but would have to be welded. most of the new ones are aluminum. ............Curt

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
You could make one of the PVC ones like this (it's been working fine for two years now with no problems) just make sure to get the right kind of PVC and the glue that is meant for chemical applications.

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
How about $130? :) or cheaper for a 4" diameter tank.

http://www.coyote-gear.com/6stock.html
I had Coyote make me a couple of tanks, they are here in AZ so not bad shipping and if you look at their site they will custom build you a tank for about the same price as their stock offerings.

I think I paid about $115 for this custom one delivered.

That one had tabs welded on so I could use a couple of the 3 hole rag joint sprocket mounting pieces to attach it to the seat bolts and an extra long offset filler hole.

This one may have been a stock size I painted to match the bike but both are over 1/2 a gallon.

A V8 or green bean can (have one on my desk right now) are just to small for most peoples needs unless you want to constantly keep an eye on fuel.

$250 for a tank is excessive in any book unless that book is 'How to gouge enough to buy your own Island in a year' or the like ;-}

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You could make one of the PVC ones like this (it's been working fine for two years now with no problems) just make sure to get the right kind of PVC and the glue that is meant for chemical applications.
You could take a tank like that and coat the inside with Caswell and it would never leak.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Check e-bay and see what you can find for older Kohler tanks for lawn equipment ( tiller or snowblower ) They are nice ovel shape and there are two sizeses kind of pancake shap..............Curt

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I used JB-weld for the outside of the fill tube (cut out of a 2L peanut tank). then used some stuff called "SEALS ALL" on the inside to seal the fill tube... used CPVC cement meant for chemical applications to glue the end caps and the petcock... i cut the hole for the petcock a little undersized so it actually threaded itself but still used a bit of seals all on the threads to make a good seal. Worked like a charm.

SuedePflow

Jun 12, 2013
Coloma, MI
Materials are cheap if you or a buddy has a welder.

When I built my tank, I bought 12" of extruded aluminum tube from www.onlinemetals.com. Some of their stuff is a little pricey, but they make up for it in convenience and quick delivery. 4.5" x .125" x 12" was $20. I cut round caps for the ends, welded on a few fittings, brackets for mounting, and done. PIC

Just an idea. It allows you to save money and make it any size you desire. And there are some weldors out there that will do a small side job for beer and pizza. :)