Gave up trying to go fast

GoldenMotor.com

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi all i going to throw in my $00.02 i had a 66cc i sold it over the winter so i am doing a new build and it will be 4 stroke. now my 66cc would do 35mph but the vibration was so bad it was not fun to ride. even at 25mph it had some vibration. so i replaced the 44 tooth sprocket with 36 tooth and at 25 mph. (25 mph is the max speed by law here)
now at 25 mph had no cop trouble, no spandexers trouble just dui scooter jerks that would fly buy me at 45. but up the road i would wave as i went by when the cops had them pulled over for speeding

25 mph has it own rewards.

Don P

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Okay, I admit it, I got an RT carb and a SBP expansion chamber to increase performance but I really didn't get these things with speed in mind. I set up my expansion chamber to get more low end torque, to give me more acceleration when I need it. I got the RT carb to get more power going up the many hills in my area. I hardly ever ride at wide open throttle on level ground. I don't need to rev it up to high RPMs. I mostly ride at about 25mph but it's nice to have that extra power if I need it, in fact, in certain situations it can actually be safer. I have never tried the shift kit so I don't know about that.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
.Its amazing I found this thread. I think the reason I keep thrashing engines is Running theM wide open for longer periods of time. I think with this new engine, I will be taking it slow and keeping my speed/rpms down. Ill be able to cruise a little faster I hope with the 36t sprocket when it eventually gets here. I like cruising slow, but have forgotten how lol. The thrill of breaking 40 got to me I guess. I'm running rt carb and expansion chamber with 40t sprocket now. I'm hoping if I take it easy on this one it will last me. Crossing My fingers.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Anyone buying one of the china kits expecting power and speed is going to be disappointed.
Buy a Morini if you want to do 40 regularly.
Used correctly, the ht's are fantastic little engines.
Start revving and racing one and it's only a matter of time before...BOOM!

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I had a lot of fun with some 66s and a 34T commuting to work 12-13 miles each way down some long straight North Dakota roads with very few cars.
9 miles straight at 32-35, maybe a run to 40-42 on a fully bagged out cruiser. 13 miles in the windy light, 13 miles in the darkest of dark.
Always expecting something to blow or go, always listening for the tell-tale sound of something falling off the bike.

The problem is that I don't remember most of those rides aside from the stress.

3 chinagirls in 6K miles at 32+ or 1 Huasheng in 6K miles and counting at <30?

"Ride slo', Ride mo'!" is one of the 20MPH Club's mottoes for a reason. I remember a lot of nice cruises :D

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
30 is great for me, as we have millions of miles of farm to market roads, interstate access roads, and urban streets here, but I enjoy puttering around, and when I'm on the side streets I like to amble along. It doesn't do any good to hurry when there is a stop sign every block. When it's 1-3 miles between exits though, might as well do whatever you're able. You can't win the rat race on a motorized bicycle, moped, or scooter, though.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...vsSQczuc9zMn0CBZ5g0bQAh90lgKIuwvVX5Mcuvf7RlMR ninja bike