Need help/advice for washigton motorized bicycle laws

GoldenMotor.com

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
I think my motorbike days are over. i got pulled over today and was told my motorized bicycle was illegal. the cop told me that it falls under the moped laws since there was actually nothing on motorized bikes. Since it has a combustion engine even though it has peddles and under 50cc it did not matter.
Is there really such a thing that is making my bike illegal to ride? Or is the cop just being an a**
If anyone has the info that i could use to show the cop that i can ride PLEASE inform/let me know.
Ive spent all summer building and riding my bike and now cause one cop im just going to have to give it up.
ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Re: Need help/advice for washigton mb laws

Hi Rich, I would have told that cop to kiss my a#*! But all kidding aside, I truly hate to here stuff like this. Almost sounds like he just singled you out, or maybe having a bad day? Have you tried to google for your state laws? It would be good ammunition to have if indeed you are legal. So the next time that same cop try's to pull you over, shove a print out of the law right back in his face!

Or if all else fails, you can always move to Asheville! It turns out that we have more homeless people here than nearly anywhere else. And there are NO requirements to get a tag, or even register a moped, scooter, or motorized bike! That's one loophole I will enjoy using to the fullest! But my heart truly goes out to you! Just try to find out what the law REALLY states.

Peace, James