Scored a 1965 Murray Missile. Great Shape!

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Craigslist find. One owner and garage/basement kept. Light surface rust, but some great add-ons! I'll most likely just restore this one and not go to crazy with the build. It'd be hard to hack up a survivor like this! Whatya think? Strip it down or just clean up and polish? It's gonna stay a pusher. No China Girl for this one.

Stinky Finger

Jul 26, 2010
Leicester, New York
I would leave it just the way it is, do absolutely nothing to it. Seriously. If you find yourself in the mood to commence cutting on something then go butcher a Cranbrook or something equally worthless instead. Once the project is completed nobody can tell what it started out as anyway.

If I log on here in a week from now and see that bike hacked up in another "board track build" thread I'll spew chunks and commence to openly weeping like a little girl.

Beautiful bike dude. They don't turn up like that everyday. :)

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ha! No. It's staying stock. Only getting cleaned, polished and all bearings replaced. I may flip the bars for a bit more a hot rod look and put the headlight under the bars. No harm in that. Took some steel wool to a few pieces last night. Chrome looks BRAND NEW! I know there's a lot of Murray haters out there that say they have no collector value, but this was just too good to pass!

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi. Excuse me. This bicycle looks like a motorized bicycle even though it doesn't have an engine in the frame. The frame has a flowing style with nice curves. It has a tank, headlight and carrier. It's a good looking classic sturdy bicycle that I believe motorizing would fulfill its purpose for being built. Thankyou.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Ha! No. It's staying stock. Only getting cleaned, polished and all bearings replaced. I may flip the bars for a bit more a hot rod look and put the headlight under the bars. No harm in that. Took some steel wool to a few pieces last night. Chrome looks BRAND NEW! I know there's a lot of Murray haters out there that say they have no collector value, but this was just too good to pass!
If you put some wd40 on the steel wool it works better.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
older Murray's are definitely collectable. yours is in the middle period, not old enough to be worth a ton, and not crappy enough to be worth it's weight in scrap steel.

basically, it's the perfect bike to shine up, cruise around on, and have fun with.

nice score!

Reactions: Degoragon