stripped clutch lever

GoldenMotor.com

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008

The shaft is hardened steel, but the lever isn't. The spline is stripped, so the lever just spins around on the shaft. Should I maybe use epoxy to stick it in place? Drill a small hole (very small) and insert a set screw?

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008
i'm thinking the newer levers are dented to avoid just this issue? what does the other side of your lever look like-is there a dent, crimp etc in it? get a new lever imo.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you could braze it or weld it there isn't much need to take that thing apart.
If you don't have access to welding equipment you can get a small propane torch and silver solder it and it will work good as new.
one last resort would be to drill all the way through and roll pin it this would be the very last ditch effort as you will weaken it.
how far away are you? If you want, send it to me and I'll either silver solder it or braze it or gas weld that little booger let me know all I ask is for you to pay for the shipping. sound fair?
I've done repairs for others on this forum and so far none have complained I deleted them before they could rotflrotfl

Last edited:

BlueCollarBike

Aug 14, 2008
:)
I vote get it brazed or welded.

Plan B vote is to drill through and insert a pin.

Plan C, just buy a new one :)

Bruce

Don't drill it Jb weld .braze ..

I had a replacement set aside for a while and its collecting dust .
Its on the house .

I tried calling again tonight no answear so I left a message.
If its to far of a drive i can send it postal.

let me know early .

i like to get the boxes out soon as possible in the am from the Previous Pm orders.

cheers:)

Bob

BlueCollarbike

860-673-6457

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
Lots of great advice here, thanks guys. Bob, could you mail the replacement please? That would be very much appreciated. That's the sort of thing that will keep me as a return customer.(^)