Slow going...

GoldenMotor.com

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Thanks... I became very macgyver like about getting one of these things to run... now that I know how it all works I can get to all the little details! I have to reroute the wires alongside the frame and clean up the overall appearance of the bike.

P.s. - when I stop the bike, then engine stops... do I need to adjust the carb? I get it to run, but when i pull in the clutch in and I apply the brakes at a stop, the engine shuts down and I have to repedal to starts again? Is this right?

Steve M

Nov 27, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
"P.s. - when I stop the bike, then engine stops... do I need to adjust the carb? I get it to run, but when i pull in the clutch in and I apply the brakes at a stop, the engine shuts down and I have to repedal to starts again? Is this right?"

I think the engine is to remain running when you stop and pull the clutch in (not sure really, testing my first build soon) and the carb screw is the idle screw.
Nice looking build by the way!
Steve M..shft.

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Well... looks like I'm gonna have some time to play with the carb/idle speed... my full face helmet should be it any day now. Really glad I ordered the helmet, because that 36 tooth sprocket is fast. Maybe it's just me being unexperienced with riding any type of motorcycle, but this thing is a lot faster than I anticipated. I've heard this is how it all starts though... "maybe I can make the next one a little faster?" "Faster still..." "just a little faster again!" Lol!

.wee.

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE WHO HELPED ME ALONG THE WAY WITH THIS FIRST BUILD! Hopefully I will be able to return the favor by helping others who are in the same place I was (newbieville)!

*Side Note* Dogs really do hate mb's...! I thought it was a just an urban legend!

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Just my two cents, I was in the same boat with the petcock on my tank (bought the same one) and I emailed the guys at Treats and they let me know when they had a new shipment come in. No need to rig something up, they have the right one. It fits, I know.

Attachments