rain concern

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I'd keep the choke on, not really necessary, but would you rather have a hole the size of your thumb stay open or one a pen barely fits through. Also squeeze some silicon into where your wires enter you engine, that keeps moisture out of you magneto. Other that that everything else should be fine wet. Remember to keep oil on your chain!

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I'll be commuting on mine daily rain or shine once I get all the kinks ironed out, so for me this is something I am concerned with since I live in the Pacific NorthWET!

For starters I have used electrical tape over all the connections that have covers/sleeves over them, you could also use dielectric grease on them then wrap them up. I'm also going to us my glue gun to cover the connectors on my kill switch back side. I've also had issues with my speedometer going belly up on a few long rides in the rain. Since I'm adding a tach and hour meter for the motor I decided to make a "dashboard" to mount all my stuff on and then I"ll just make a clear Plexiglas cover on a hinge so I can flip the kill switch with ease and this will keep the majority of the rain off.

Best of luck!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I've been in any number of serious storms with mine and beyond the usual woes of shoes filled w/water and the general drowned rat look I've had no problems at all. I've not done any more to my bike than what Sign Guy mentioned (shrinkwrap for covers/sleeves).

I'd double check the air fliter assembly - I do have a remote airbox now so it just can't suck water, but I didn't seem to have a prob with the stock one *shrug*

k - so I like splashin' puddles... :D

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i haven't ridden in the rain at all, but i read about moto-x's sealing up where the throttle cable goes into the carb with a rubber boot or electrical tape or something, because water tends to trickle down the cable and get into the carb.

dunno if anyone's had that problem, but it's a quick and easy thing to do, just in case.