supercycle 7500

GoldenMotor.com

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
Hey everone my name is andrew and i'd like to share with you my experince with my moterized bike .
Well first off when i decovered that there was a such a thing as one i wanted one . i started working at a bikeshop and i was orgainizeing all the invotory and used bikes there was over 400 bike in this guys basment at his store it was crazy all different types mostly really old ones .. gold mine as he called it . well i seen that moterized bike i thought now that is really cool i want it after a 2 weeks pay i bought it for 150 all is needed was a cables tires and barings so that 150$$ turned in to 200i thought i couled live with that then more stuff went on it the breather cracked and the throttle cable went then i lost the little baring in the clucth .. lol just little things that piss you off .. . i slightly motifided the muffer so is goes unger my bottom bracket . then my top jug blows just after i get a new chain and chain tensher so that brings me up to anouther 150 just to get it fixed at a small engine shop well i get it back today and i hop it work as plaind .. i thinking of putting on a different frame for a new start .

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Andrew to motorbicycling.com, we are glad to have you with us.

Man, sounds like your first experience has not gone well. Hope things get better these motorized bicycles are so much fun.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum! Check the classic post section over for more familiarity . Lots of great stuff in there.

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
k well i'm finish for the day and i still cant' get it going i took off the tank and i founed this rubber pice in side there .. doun't know what it's 4 i cleaned the filter and took all the junk out and now the carb is still leakeing .. i'm just not getting the cupow that i need with this mabey tomorow with pozitive rezolts

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
well i changed my spark plug that was it ... i went to the engine doctor and he say s it's my crank causeing low conpresion well will see tomorow

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
Hi everone .. it's been a while since i posted anything on here so i'll post somthing now ... so after all this money and time and stressing out i desided to just get a new kit with a few extra parts .. like a new megneto and a new coil and a gasket kit added on to this order .. so NO more spending un nesserary money at small engine shops with cool names thay laugh at me when i brough it in thay hade know clue what it was ... thay did a spary test on it and it was a the coil that was shortening out .

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
these are all things you can troubleshoot YOURSELF my friend. Head to the closest rona and look where they keep all the spark plugs and yard odds and ends. They have everything from muffler sealing tape to jb weld if you find that little ten foot long section of shelf. (its right around the mix oil and WD 40)

i got a little carried away on the description but in that area you will find an ignition tester! it looks like a pen, you touch the end to the wire and dump the clutch, it should light up if yo have spark!

glad to hear more from you my friend, i just built my new bike too. Going with a shift kit next week and i am awaiting an air intake and copper gasket from manic mechanic.
I picked up the 68.5 cc slanthead from zoom what did you get?

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
i was thinking of getting a 80 to 66 cc from kings i just need 50$$ then i can order.. hopeing to get it bye next month and then mabey i can ride be for the winter comes .. if not it will give me time to think of outher stuff but hey thanks ill go cheak out that and find a hard ware store and pick up that ingnition pen thing .. i pretty sure there a rona here ... thanks for replaying

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
ok now i'm getting spark and alot of spark i think when i brought my engine to shop thay might of put the head on backwords couled that be a posability
???

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
Thanks To my freind he go my engine running . and it workes awesome he took the head and the cylender off and changed the gasket ..The gasket that was on there that i payed !24 dollers for was covering the holes in side the cylender ,causeing it not to work ... leading me piset off , And confused ..oh well i'm happy that it worked again !

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
tsk tsk. dont you hate it when the doctor gives you the wrong medicine and kills you?

that is kind of ****ed up. im guessing you paid the shop $24 for the gasket? and then they even put it in without making the transferrs? good to know. i bet they do it to people for extra buisness.....

glad to hear you are smokin' again :) now get out there and experience riding in snow.
its hella touchy and slippery!

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
no i payed 124 for a gasket change lol 70 dollers anhour and your right thay do it to rip ppl off like me that no barly nothing about engines lol .. yeah when my friend got thatengine running it worked awesome just like new lol i'm selling it to him so i can get a new one . there alot of snow here where i live i cant even get in to my shed it's covered in snow .. and it need a new clutch and pucks .. well thanks for riteing back ..
have a goo one

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
the best thing you can do, is go out and find yourself a piece of crap little weed eater or chainsaw to "troubleshoot"

sit it on a workbench, and start methodically frigging with it until you know that it will start. you shouldnt have to even open anything up besides the igniton parts cover, mabye the rewind and the carburator for sure!

step one is to look it over throughly and get to know it. if you find a hole in the bottom of the engine (crankcase) you need not troubleshoot anymore, you have just graduated step one lol

good luck, read, post.

-dave