new tuned pipe

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Looks like it should work but you may have a problem mounting it. That pipe has very few bends to allow maneuvering it so that it will fit on the bike without major modifications. That is why Pablo and I picked the pipe we did. Very easy to modify to fit the bike. Anyway the real key to get it to work correctly is the length between the exhaust port on the engine and the start of the expansion chamber. Start with a distance of about 12.5" and it should work like a charm. I have attached a photo to illustrate the measurement. Good luck and if you have any questions just give a shout.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Here's what I bought:

BRAND NEW! 47 / 49 cc POCKET BIKE RACING PIPE - eBay (item 300106518892 end time Jun-21-08 15:49:33 PDT)

I had a shipping voucher from my Paypal credit card, $29

Here's some shots:

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/messing-my-bike-new-pipe-ac-1385.html

The supplied header needed some porting work and cutting it was interesting. Ghost0 is a 2-stroke power humper - his advice is gold. But being his stubborn business partner I always do something slightly different - I extended the front pipe to get more low end grunt.....neck snapping...just right and I can wheelie!!

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
OMG....testorterone is flowing! I may have to buy a pipe now, dammit! Can someone please take away my credit cards???? :)

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well I got mine done today except for some high temp paint. 49cc scooter muffler, some 3/4 copper tubing, hangers, bending and shaping and here it is. Like Pablo I am going to have to pack the silencer cause it is LOUD. My silencer is removable, so shouldnt be a problem, just have to get some fiberglass.(^)(c)(^)

Here are a few pics.......

Attachments

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well went out today for about 20 miles. Great low end torque thru to about 15mph then sputters a bit then at 18mph takes off again thru to about 23 which was my top end with stock pipe. I am running a 50t rear so always had good torque, but this improved on that dramatically. At 23 it starts to sputter, and i have opened intake and exhaust ports, so I think I will try the next size up in jetting and adjust the needle, or install the scooter carby I bought... But all in all well worth the money........

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Maybe I missed it but have you ported both manifolds? This makes such a HUGE difference it's best to do this first before you tune the carb, etc. It's very easy with a Dremel and couple 6 packs of smaller size sanding drums, one of 80 grit the other 120 grit. There is terrible flange mismatch and intake has weld and plating obstructions.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Maybe I missed it but have you ported both manifolds? This makes such a HUGE difference it's best to do this first before you tune the carb, etc. It's very easy with a Dremel and couple 6 packs of smaller size sanding drums, one of 80 grit the other 120 grit. There is terrible flange mismatch and intake has weld and plating obstructions.
Yep one of the first things I did when prepping the engine for installation. They were so off I estimated the exhaust was blocked by 25% the intake a little less. Did you have time to look at your silencer? Mine is packed with white mterial maybe fiberglass Im not sure. It is awful loud, and I read yours was too. Curious what you did or are going to do.. Love the Sabre, just started using it....