Dax gp50 9hp wow !!

GoldenMotor.com

Sambino

May 12, 2011
Washington (USA)
Thanks Dave!
Do you have any idea if it would it be worth it to find some type of filter to block the dust, or would that restrict too much air flow? I have an old air filter sitting around from my old china girl, the low profile SBP Filter. Would it be worth it to use longer tubes going to one of those?
Or maybe some thin cloth/a metal screen like in faucets?

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
No.
The one facing up is your fuel inlet.
The one on the side is your fuel overflow for the bowl
The one at the very bottom of the bowl is your fuel drain line

Just run a fuel line with a inline filter to the inlet nipple

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
No.
The one facing up is your fuel inlet.
The one on the side is your fuel overflow for the bowl
The one at the very bottom of the bowl is your fuel drain line

Just run a fuel line with a inline filter to the inlet nipple
Agreed. If you do anything with the vent tubes just a bit, 6" or so, of tubing is good enough. It's not a flow through thing. There's no exchange of air to speak of. It's just to make sure there's neither positive or negative pressuer inside the carb.

At least I never saw a filter on a vent tube at the motocross races or the SuperKarts I used to run.

Sambino

May 12, 2011
Washington (USA)
Hello again!
Quick question, how much oil do you guys put in your clutches? I've looked around the forum, and done some googling, but having been able to find out the answer!

I am using Maxima MTL 75wt. gear oil, but I don't know how much of it to use...
Thanks in advance!

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
If its like the morini just fill it up to level to the filler hole on the side of the clutch cover.
I like to overfill mine cause my gasket is going bad and leaks a little, i just tip the bike to one side slightly and let it overfill past the hole a bit.

I really don't know an exact quantity of oz

Drago

Sep 27, 2012
Rockies
Buy it from alibaba for $56.00 per unit. Y ou need to buy a skid though and that's the catch............dax pays 90$ cost per unit estimated to sell.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I was thinking about maybe getting one direct from China next time if I ever need to replace mine. The cylinder and bottom end are very strong, but the cylinder head should be replaced with a genuine KTM unit and the squish re-set with the proper thickness head gasket, since it's different than the clone head which is too soft.

I'm happy with the power it makes, but it is a racing engine and requires constant attention to keep it zizzing to the moon.