spark plug cap spring

GoldenMotor.com

James91

Jul 6, 2009
America
I removed the cap off of my spark plug today after noticing that it had moved after a very short ride and when i looked inside it i noticed a very small spring on the inside of the cap that was loose and fell out. Its about this big ===== lol thanks for the help

James91

Jul 6, 2009
America
I actually just found out that there was a piece of the spark plug cap was still on the spark plug. Does this mean something is broken?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
James,
Like Pablo said. You need a new spark plug and go with a good automotive style plug boot. I'm sort of anal about things like that so I solder the wire to the terminal that goes inside the boot. Of course that means using metallic core wire. You can't solder resistance wire. Hope this helps.
Tom

James91

Jul 6, 2009
America
I'm thinking about just buying a new cdi because the screw is out and does not want to stay in. Does anyone know where to get a good cdi that wont have as many problems?

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I'm thinking about just buying a new cdi because the screw is out and does not want to stay in. Does anyone know where to get a good cdi that wont have as many problems?
The wire thats comes out of the cdi to the spark plug just unscrews you will not have to get a new cdi. just unscrew the wire from it, and the wire unscrews from the cap the goes onto the spark plug as well. let me find a post real quick.

This is a post by the Norman about sparkplug boot tear down.
http://motorbicycling.com/f34/sparkplug-boot-tear-down-5899.html