New Biker

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Hey
I am New to this and want to make a home made moto bike. i have two (2) bikes to work with . here are my currant plans:
i have a old bike. I will put a chain saw on it ( in the middle of the bike) and put a plastic ring* in the middle. or somthing like that. than i will put a chain/belt on it and attach that to the chain saw. the i will streach the wires (kill/throttle) to the handle bars and maybye cover em' with pvc.

how's that?laffbrnot

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
welcome to the site... It sounds like a good plan though I have never done anything like that as a DIY bike. The only chainsaw bikes I built were friction drive and they did the job okay but I broke the drive shaft on one of them. I forget what happened to the other but they are nice little engines for the most part.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
i modifyed my plans, AGIAN! and ya, friction drive is what i want to do.
i still am wondering if i should use a chainsaw. on Meatcafe i saw a guy who used a leaf blower.
mybe a dirt bike motor is good........

PS i will be gone for 3 days and wont be able to check thisbrnot

:-||

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
i am considering dumping one of my bikes, the pegs are rusted on, so i can't get them off. i might salavage it.................................

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
okay, i think i will go to Goodwill and get a suitable bike. Than i will get a motor,
and attach it to the bike. so far this project is looking like it's gonna be, umm, 40$-100$
sweet!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have built with the weedwhacker which is the same as a leaf blower more or less and I build with a chainsaw. I build all friction drive. No matter what else you do get rid of any knobby tires you have. They will break the drive shaft. Also find and fix any vibrations as they will always cause things to break.

Good luck lots of friction builders around.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
thnks

today i will sell cheesy-home-made comics (or have my 6 year old negibor do it) the poor suckers
spend $2 for a comic that dosent make sense.

MUAHHHA HAAAAAA!!laff