The Zen of it all...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Somebody needs to say it. Since it sounds pompous and arrogant. that makes me the one to do it. There are certain Zen moments with the China girl bikes. I would think a quality 4 stroke engine would be a lot like riding in your car. You get in, turn the key, and off you go. Yeah you get the wind in your hair, but it's still just a hunk of metal between your legs. Yes I have ridden motorcycles and loved them every one.

The China girl bike is different it is the thing cults are made of. It's like the first thousand owners of VW in America. They got a weird kind of respect, mixed with a lot of why the **** would anyone drive one of those toys. Every part of owning a China girl bike is a religious moment for me at least. I am alone with the bike when I tighten the motor mounts and I'm praying the studs don't twist out on me. When I ride her down my drive for the first time to crank it, I'm praying it will start, every time.

When she does start, I make a joyful noise, if not openly then at least I hear it in my head. As I roar off in a cloud of grey smoke, I do not think of Al Gore and the planet, I think for a few minutes, I don't have a care in the world. I'm off for adventure, even if the adventure winds up with me pushing the bike home and cursing it. At that kind of moment I am reminded of Jobe and I wonder if the gods didn't send the China girl to test me. To see if I am worthy of moving on the the next plane of existence. No the next plane of existence is not a four stroke honda engine or it's clone.

I am like Pablo, I like to do the premix. It's all part of the experience for me. When my fuel filter in the tank clogged, I was in the parking lot of a service station. I thought I was out of gas, I didn't curse my luck. I wondered if they sold 2 stroke oil, and if not how I would transport the other 31oz home.

So there is a zen moment or two with the China girl. Oh yes, I leave you with this thought, It is the one I had after she threw the chain and broke most of the spokes in my rear wheel. I sure as heck hope it is a China girl not a China guy bike cause I have just been screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:

astronut

Mar 16, 2008
I think youre on to something.....I am starting to like the 2 stroke more and more. (^)

oh by the way I finished reading every one of your posts on the blog and you kinda posted part of episode II64 twice :confused: maybe I have been reading it too much...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Nothing on that blog would surprise me lol. I always write it frist thing in the morning and am half asleep. One day i will take them all and make one big story from it.

Thanks I went back and fixed that. Please anything you see like that let me know.

And thanks for reading it there are now three of us for sure lol...

I just noticed they **** out a word that isn't at all offensive to me. I suppose we are going to be making this forum child friendly... A nice way of making it adult male challenging. Well there is always the blog. There I get to choose my own words, and it is not child friendly at all.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
sorta....you had "I sure as heck hope it is a China girl NOR a China guy bike cause I have just been screwed."

I changed it to "NOT" as I assume you meant.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Zen?

No doubt in my mind. It's almost like flying at a couple feet above the surface. My bike is now fast enough that I need zen eye protection.

I am at one with the whole thing.

Please why did another China girl come into my life.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.