spark problem

GoldenMotor.com

dazdog

Apr 27, 2008
ok i bene outback with my bike,yesterday i was riding it and it just cut out on me,
when i got hom i put the spark plug oto the engine and gave it quick pedal to c if it got spark,it didnt
So when i woke up today i took the coil cover off to se if there was any water in it,there was a little but i dryed it out,
so i undid the wiries from cdi to coil
black 2 black
blue to green/black
den i held the blue wire and it gave out a spark
den i held the black 1 and it didnt give a spark at all...
do i need to put a new wire on it incase it has a crack in the line,
and the white wire (kill switch) isnt hooked up cause when it is it is always on so i disconected it,
any advice please.. ??

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Black wire is ground. check your plug wire connection to the module then try again that is the most common thing I think

dazdog

Apr 27, 2008
hey,thanks i will try that
btw what is a modul,i just got a coil off my friend but id like to have the other 1 as a spare..

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All the dax type frame mounts use the same "coil" or CDI box.

Check your connections at the box/plug wire junction. Spray a little WD-40 where you saw water and re assemble the whole thing just as you took it apart.

Keep us posted on your progress.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Ya, sounds like a magneto when you instal the new one put some vasaline on the 4 screws that hold it, to help conduct electricity ground it. Also they have a strong magnet, so you could try putting a business card on the top and bottom section to help get it centered, also, The magneto is directional make sure you put it on the correct way the wright side inbord.
This video is kind of difficult to understand, but the business card part is good shows you where to put them.

YouTube - Magneto Install

dazdog

Apr 27, 2008
kk thanks david.
cause where it was holding onto,it had a lot of rust on the lil washed on the magneto thing,so yeh thank's.
ill give it a shot when current one break's
also
my muffler keeps nsapping and i keep getting it weilded,
it is a bronze 1 nopt a shiny metal 1
and thing to stop it breaking..

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Try welding it with an oxygen/acetylene torch after welding it reheat the area to a cherry red and let it cool in still air don't force cool it. No guarantee it won't break again but it might help. Chromed metal will also hydrogen em brittle and a way to treat this is to heat the chromed item in an oven to around 500 degrees F for about 1 hour then let it cool in still air. You might want to check on the net on how to do the treating I just told you about as I might even be wrong but that's what I seem to remember.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
First rule of thumb is always try a replacement spark plug first before you tear things apart to trouble shoot things. IF you are using a China plug, throw it in trash and get a NGK or equivalent US made plug.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I beg to differ:

My rule one is put the black wire back into the module box. Mine has a habit of vibrating loose. I replaced the plug just to be safe but the module wire has come loose at least three times.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
I don't even consider that an issue Deacon because I either solder the wires together or use upgraded connectors that do not come apart. Using the stock connectors is asking for an inevitable loss of power due to ignition failure.

Yes, checking wiring would also be my first step using stock connectors.