First build, whatchya think, any ideas?

GoldenMotor.com

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Hey guyes this is my first build. I took the photos yesterday before all my flywheel problems... Its a honda racing bike. I think its either 22" or 20" in tires. Not to sure with all the specs. So far i Got the motor on Memorialday and on that day i opened and cleaned out everything. Then wendsday i moved over the right brake to the left side, removed the gear from the pedals and used that cable as the throtle, changed that twisty thing to a handle, put on an on/off switch and wired the off side, and mounted a gas tank. Today i fixed the flywheel, put on the bmx peg, and put on the wire to the on switch. Now whats left is to run the gas lines, attach the throttle cable, attach the killswitch to the motor and build a frame to hold the motor. Hopefully i could finish it by tommorow... any ideas, hints, or advice is apprieciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Come on i know someone has something say...lol well the tires are 26 in and yeah i just need help putting on the frame of the motor to the bike. IDK but it feels so wobbly is it normal, any ideas :-||

P.S. cant weld on this bicycle cause its not really my bike

Thanks though...

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
IDK but it feels so wobbly is it normal, any ideas :-||
It looks wobbly... if you cant weld to the bike I would think you need heftier material or brace it some more.

I would at least cut the top brackets and use the second hole to mount to the motor, the closer you get the brackets to the motor the less it should wobble.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I have this kit and it seems to be bulletproof. It's got a sealed bearing on both sides of the scrubber and mounts like a rear rack. The 'quick release' goes in the slots on the two support bars (in the upper left side of pic) so that you can lift or lower the scrubber onto the tire. This setup is so simple that it's perfect. I have rear suspension, like you, so I drilled a hole through the seat post and use one bolt at the front (I did not use two of the bolts and that flat bar). I keep the scrubber just touching the tire so that when I sit on the bike, it lowers a little, making better contact with the tire. It was the lazy way but it works great but I did adjust the rear suspension to very stiff. I'd try to get ideas from this if I was you. The part the motor mounts to could be made out of a 6 inch square tube about a foot long if you cut a side off.

Attachments

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Thats all great ideas, i might look into that mount. If you have a website please show me where... I really didnt wanna spend too much on it cause it my first build and so far i spent about 30 dollars so yeah... I'll most like make a mount similar to ita counterweight also sounds good...

Thanks, ill keep you guyes posted

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
looks like erector

i like it, but be carefull with all those nut joints.......use locktite....use red locktight.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i,m a new guy to this forum too . don,t take this the wrong way . loose the mechano set and get some sturdy material to build with . that motor will spin at 7-12000 rpms . the last thing i want to hear is that your setup shook apart and you got nailed in the back of the head with that roller ( wich to me seems dangerously far down that shaft )
Your setup looks right , but those braces scare the **** out of me
sorry if i sound like a butt-head , i just don,t wanna see anyone getting injured

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
hows the progress on the bike comming . i was just thinkin about one of the pics you had so i took another look . and i,m still wondering . is your motor on the correct side of the bike ? pull the rip cord and see what way the tire is going to spin . with a friction drive i think your tire is going to spin backwards if your motor is on the right hand side of the bike