What is "grubee"

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
So, I have notice that several dealers are referring to their motors as "Grubee" motors and I was wondering how they are different from the ones from BGF and other cheaper motors.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
all i know is i got mine from gasbike net.
a 48cc dualstart starfire II grubee.
most of the 2-stroke in frame look alike but i know there diffrent quality.
read the forum for what companies have qood quality ones.
just because you pay more dont mean youre getting a better one.
i got mine for a low price $149 and it runs good,but remember you never know what quality you might get because each engine may be slighty diffrent quality.

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
Hey mate. Grubee is a brand of engine. I have never used a Grubee engine so i cant say anything about them.
In china there are spoced to be like 50 or so factories making these HT engines.
quality can vary even within the same brand because of the way these engines are put together.

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
cool. that is what I figured- has anybody done any extensive comparison between a grubee (like the the skyhawk) and a non grubee (like a BGF or powerking) ?

I think my next motor will be a grubee- it seems like most of the well reputed dealers use that factory, so they must be better on average... right?

I seem to recall Norm (Vader) mentioning that he uses BGF motors with good luck, but prefers his "Dax"? I cant seem to find the thread, so I will let him correct me if wrong.

I have read all the forum threads I could find but any comments or opinions about Grubee, Skyhawk, or any other favorite motors would be most welcome while I shop for my new motors.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
elaborate...

"bearings?"

If you believe every ones separate claims, the engines are all special in some way.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I've never had any trouble with any of the engines I've bought, and I have bought 5 different ones from 4 different sellers.

But all sellers claim to be great or special somehow, and until each one proves it with a positive showing of different parts ect. it's all just blowing smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.