Having trouble with a chain installation and some other things.

GoldenMotor.com

4yk4a

Mar 23, 2009
Illinois
I'm stuck with 3 things:1)Don't understand,how to put the chain into the motor(where the little sprocket is).By the way-what sprocket is not moving at all.2)The rear sprocket looks kinda wobbling.3)The clutch arm,if i got it right,is suppose to move inside(towards to the right side of engine).Mine is moving out.Sorry,maybe i'm askin' some stupid questions,but that is a first mechanical job in my life,which i doin' myself.Thanks for supporting!

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
You can get the chain into the engine sprocket--chain must be broken apart--pull in the clutch so the wheel spins freely--push chain in with a screwdriver and voila !! its thru--the clutch works by pushing a pin in when you pull your lever in--you set it up so it is just about engaged in line with the engine then it only pulls in about half an inch and disengages--your back sprocket probably does not have the rag joint properly attached you have to cut it to get it on the inside so the spokes dont have metal touching them

geoffmaree

Mar 19, 2009
australia
Some problems i had with install.(if this is an install)
Had problems with getting the chain through as you say.
Even pulling in the clutch didnt work untill all was connected & i used the chain force to free the clutch which was stuck didnt take much force to do this.
I got the chain through by hooking up the top few links & carefully rotating(turning over the motor)with a screwdriver(CAREFULLY)levered from the lower side of the front spocket.
In my instance if your sitting on the seat looking down at the motor the clutch arm should be at about 6 o'clock & when the clutch lever is pulled it should go to your right.
With the rear sprocket i went around tightening the 9 bolts progressively about 15 times to make sure they all came in evenly.
Hope this helps.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
when you are trying to put on the chain and need to rotate the front sprocket you can use the supplied spark plug wrench to turn the front sprocket take the spark plug out first then put the chain on the teeth of the front sprocket then slowly turn the sprocket with the plug wrench to feed the chain around the front sprocket the chain will sometimes try to jam up but work it slowly and you will get it on.
I try to feed the chain on from the bottom and I use a screw driver to actually feed the chain and keep my fingers out of the way it hurts like yell if you get your P-tongs wound up in the chain..bld. ask Ilikeabikea.laff
Norman

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Aww you beat me to it Norman, I didnt think of the spark plug wrench I just used a socket that fit and fed the chain thru the bottom while watching my fingers very closely.Its also a good way to see if your engine is seized before all is connected to it . if you cant turn it then you know something serious is wrong.

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
that cheesey plug wrench that came with your kit (at least it did with mine)Fits many things INCLUDING the little sprocket and that works great for putting the chain on if you dont want to take a screwdriver to it.
as for the arm issue take the cover off and make sure the cam is proper with the little push rod,youll be fine

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have to agree with the spark plug wrench being cheezy. If you guys will notice the china plugs are a little smaller on the wrench flats and if you try to use 14mm socket it fitts sloppy and so does the china plug wrench. sort of in between metric and the "LOST" island.laff
Norman

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
if your clutch arm is pulling to the left,its wrong.it should pull to the right,take the cover off and make sure flat part of arm is touching the pushrod.the clutch arm is straight to the back when released and to the right at a angle when pulled in.then you can do the sprocket,loosen the bolts,center it and tighten it in a circle pattern.then you can do the chain and tightener.take it slow when you try it out,not too far,then come back and adjust it more if you have to.
and oh yeah the clutch cable comes from the right side of engine.